Gordon Strachan Scared To Go To Ibrox!

I see Jackson has an article in the Record quoting Strachan saying “I didn’t go to Rangers games that much but that was because I was scared in case anything untoward happened. I’m sure it wouldn’t have but, being the ex-Celtic manager, I was always a wee bit wary.

You have to ask why he would come out with pish like that?, considering he was attacked @ the piggery!, every C****c manager has always visited Ibrox without any problem!

I wouldn't want the little fanny anywhere near Ibrox tbo, but as the then Scottish football team manager he should have visited us. I think he is making excuses for his lapses of professionalism. or just plain lying. wouldn't be his first lies, just ask Sir Alex Ferguson.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Don't worry Gordon nothing would have happened. You're a no-mark Manager.

When Walter Smith returned to Rangers in early 2007 he had your number & you knew it. Only fixture congestion when we got to the 2008 UeFA cup final prolonged your stay at the San Giro. Eventually you bailed out and got found out at Middlesborough before being allowed to fail as Scotland manager in what were qualifiable groups for the 2016 EC & 2018 WC.

Truth is Gordon we don't really care about you. You're a second-rate manager.

I wouldn't want the little fanny anywhere near Ibrox tbo, but as the then Scottish football team manager he should have visited us. I think he is making excuses for his lapses of professionalism. or just plain lying. wouldn't be his first lies, just ask Sir Alex Ferguson.

Whats that all about ?

Maybe his memory is failing him regarding where he isn't safe.

article-2273259-02A77DBC0000044D-538_964x514.jpg

And that's hardly uncommon in that particular venue.

nintchdbpict000352498577.jpg?strip=all&w=960

No one is safe there.

4052200018a4340709957b157787485l.jpg

That top picture looks like Tommy Burns is scared to intervene... but look at McGrain in the background - looks like he is ready to maul the guy, beelining right for him (admittedly still pictures can tell you anything).

We missed out big time on McGrain... pete has a story on that one, right pete ? :D

That top picture looks like Tommy Burns is scared to intervene... but look at McGrain in the background - looks like he is ready to maul the guy, beelining right for him (admittedly still pictures can tell you anything).

We missed out big time on McGrain... pete has a story on that one, right pete ? :D

Yep his mother, Margaret, worked with my Dad in the veterinary university on the way up to Bearsden but they were friends of the family for years before that. The best story from my father was that Danny's father and my Dad played for Anderston. My father was on the wing and Danny's father was at CH. The back of the other team kept crunching my father. I think his name was Bob McGrain but forgive my memory, said to my father go to CH for a few minutes. After a few minutes the guy was carried off and Mr McGrain trotted back and said okay you can go back on to the wing now. My father said the guy tried to crunch him but he was waiting for it and came down landing on his knee

My father said he was as hard as nails.

As you have pointed out Craig the other point was that they were always at our birthday parties which always ended in a Sash bash and they joined in just as much as anyone. When Danny signed for Celtic Margaret changed to hating Rangers with a vengeance as she thought we never signed him because of his name. The Rangers reps had agreed to meet them and called it off at the last moment and they never contacted them again. The rest is history. One more thing. I helped Danny when he was trying to buy kitchen units when I worked for Timberland in Renfrew. I only knew him though he doesn't know me. It was a cunt trying to understand him.:D

One other thing was that one of the songs our family used to sing was to the Beanz meanz Heinz advert. My father would never teach me the words as I was very young. The only thing I can remember was the chorus went.

A million fe***** every day pick up there rosary beads and say Stein stein stein. Have any of the older bears ever heard that?