Rangers want Michael O'Halloran to return to Ibrox in January

I wonder if Halliday has scope in his loan deal to come back in January? I think we could do with him as an option, even if he's not a first pick.

There was an image on Twitter showing Halliday in an airport -- not sure of the veracity of the source.

There was an image on Twitter showing Halliday in an airport -- not sure of the veracity of the source.

Would make sense to a degree. He’s not a first pick over there so better he sits on our threadbare bench given we need the backup. TBH, he was only there because Pedro shat the bed from a man-management point of view.

I'd take both of them back. I liked Halliday and with Dorrans out long term, Rossiter still at the glazier being rebuilt, Kranjcar struggling and Jack getting sent off every 3rd game there's room for another central midfielder in the squad. Maybe Murty can do something with O'Halloran, he's got pace and we're short of options up front and wide so makes sense to bring him back.

I can't remember one decent performance by MOH but I can remember plenty poor ones. I see little point bring him back unless it's to sell him in January.

Halliday is worth another look.

I dont want him back but I do feel a bit sorry for MOH. His style of play is never going to be used with us as we dont counter-attack, and we dont ever get space in behind defences. I wasnt at all surprised that he started well back at Saints, and he could work well in most SPFL sides, but certainly not us. We should be getting a fee for him, but no other club in Scotland bar one have any money to pay fees.

O'Halloran usually plays as a right winger. He can play centre-forward and on the left wing too. Candeias is a right winger too, he also can play on the left. Likewise, Candeias can play inside right or through the middle ... where some creativity and drive has been missing. Perhaps we use both and finally drop Tav, for O'Halloran can't be much worse a defender :devil: (cynical mode off)

Edited by der Berliner

O'Halloran usually plays as a right winger. He can play centre-forward and on the left wing too. Candeias is a right winger too, he also can play on the left. Likewise, Candeias can play inside right or through the middle ... where some creativity and drive has been missing. Perhaps we use both and finally drop Tav, for O'Halloran can't be much worse a defender :devil: (cynical mode off)

I think that sums up the problem dB. We’re always looking for sieine to cover someone else’s deficiencies. I wish we could just sign a couple of good defenders. I can’t believe there aren’t any somewhere in the world.