Will The Club Speak Up?

I do take your point, but, I'd still rather win the league this season (which is miraculously, still possible, despite how unlikely it seems) as a "victim" (as you perceive it) than be acting like Neil Lennon every time something doesn't go our way.

We should be able to win every game, even despite of the odd injury or red card. Our squad, mentality and tactics need to be good enough to handle all of that.

And yes, if referees are out to send off our players, make sure someone like Ryan Jack doesn't put himself in to situations where it might happen (Broadfoot incident, May incident).

And If the Rangers squad is so thin that an injury to one player can leave us in a crisis, sign more 1st XI quality players.

Easier said than done, perhaps, but you should always aim to improve yourself in response to events like these, as opposed to blaming others. Positive actions, versus negative actions.

Yes, I sound deluded, but we all do in the Positive Psychology movement

I’ve said it before, professional sport operates on such narrow margins that unfair refereeing, by giving marginal fouls on way for example can have a massive influence on the game. Never mind massive decisions.

I find it strange that you acknowledge you think we are being referreed to a different standard but don’t find it a big deal...

I’ve said it before, professional sport operates on such narrow margins that unfair refereeing, by giving marginal fouls on way for example can have a massive influence on the game. Never mind massive decisions.

I find it strange that you acknowledge you think we are being referreed to a different standard but don’t find it a big deal...

I did say "if", a few times! But it's a fair enough comment. I can see the contradiction in what I'm trying to say.

Looking deeper as to why I'm quite content that we take the high road when it comes to referees is probably due to my 12 years (and counting) as an amateur in football and rugby. At every club I've played a coach or captain has told the team to "keep the ref on our side". I now repeat it without thinking when I'm captain on the rugby pitch, or coaching youngsters.

Referees can and do show bias to players/clubs that they like, whatever the reason. I've experienced it countless times as a player; albeit with lesser able refs you'd probably argue. Even at school age we could get pally with a ref and have decisions go our way. It works both ways too. Get on the wrong side of the ref and you will definitely suffer.

If we're on the wrong side of certain refs, criticising them in public will not help. I'd like to think that over time, by taking the high line, we'll get them back on our side.

If we're on the wrong side of certain refs, criticising them in public will not help. I'd like to think that over time, by taking the high line, we'll get them back on our side.

Wishful thinking. Were the amateur clubs you played for hated by everyone? Did your rivals have placemen at the main association?

Positive thinking is exclusively for people averse to realism.

People are out to get Rangers. If you don't see that then you're not seeing what's really going on.

Positive thinking is fine but problems may arise in the communication of such within a Scottish football dressing room.