Halliday returns

He'll be a good squad player. He knows the club, and he'll be willing to play in any number of positions and do any number of jobs to help the team. I would hope he gets played in his better positions, but I hope even more so that we get better players for the first-team so we don't need to rely on him.

I'd like everyone back. MOH, Dodoo, Forrester etc. can all boast our squad depth, and give us options. We have a thread-bare squad. And get some more youngsters promoted, like Atekayi (?).

Edited by Rousseau

I don't understand the hostility to Halliday, he did really well for us in his first season and then struggled last season. The same can be levelled at Holt, Danny Wilson and Tavernier all of who have found a bit of form recently. The club was in turmoil for at least half of last season and when Pedro joined he clearly didn't fancy him, any player would struggle to find their best form with that going on.

With Dorrans out for a few months, Kranjcar looking like a bench player at best and Jack now also injured an experienced midfielder sounds like a decent addition to the squad. Halliday offer more if played in an advanced midfield position with McCrorie sitting. He's not a natural deep midfielder.

I don't understand the hostility to Halliday, he did really well for us in his first season and then struggled last season. The same can be levelled at Holt, Danny Wilson and Tavernier all of who have found a bit of form recently. The club was in turmoil for at least half of last season and when Pedro joined he clearly didn't fancy him, any player would struggle to find their best form with that going on.

With Dorrans out for a few months, Kranjcar looking like a bench player at best and Jack now also injured an experienced midfielder sounds like a decent addition to the squad. Halliday offer more if played in an advanced midfield position with McCrorie sitting. He's not a natural deep midfielder.

I don’t think he is nearly creative enough to play an advanced CM role.

Would still have him as a squad player though

I don’t think he is nearly creative enough to play an advanced CM role.

Would still have him as a squad player though

He's not a holding midfielder but that was where he was asked to play before. Playing front of McCrorie in a similar role to Holt is much better suited to him I think. But I agree he's not a 'front of the diamond' or whatever that advanced midfield/deep attacking position is called this week. We're stretched in midfield and we'll pick up more suspensions and injuries as the season goes on, having him back even as cover, like you say, isn't a bad thing.

He's not a holding midfielder but that was where he was asked to play before. Playing front of McCrorie in a similar role to Holt is much better suited to him I think. But I agree he's not a 'front of the diamond' or whatever that advanced midfield/deep attacking position is called this week. We're stretched in midfield and we'll pick up more suspensions and injuries as the season goes on, having him back even as cover, like you say, isn't a bad thing.

No.10 -- it's been a No.10 for decades.

And I think that unknowingly we are highlighting just why Halliday won’t ever be a regular in our team.... he’s so versatile we don’t even know his best position.

Yeah, well, perhaps, but I fear that Andy Halliday may be the proverbial Jack-of-All-Trades, master of none.

Are any of the other loanees recalled, eg MO'H, Harry F. ?

Yeah, well, perhaps, but I fear that Andy Halliday may be the proverbial Jack-of-All-Trades, master of none.

Are any of the other loanees recalled, eg MO'H, Harry F. ?

MOH's loan ends in January. I don't know of it's the start of January or the end.