Didier Agathe claims Rangers rivalry led to death threats

Many ex-players like to tell tales of their time in the game, which grow arms and legs over the years. In Agatha’s case, his tale seems to have grown into a full length episode of the A-team..

Saw this on Facebook thought it was funny..

''Hello is that Slater Hogg? it's Didier Agathe here, i'm looking for a four bedroom armoured detached bungalow, must have bullet proof windows, a 10 foot high electric security fence, attack dugs, a close protection squad, a safe room and an escape pod, must be in Parkhead area though ''

Saw this on Facebook thought it was funny..

''Hello is that Slater Hogg? it's Didier Agathe here, i'm looking for a four bedroom armoured detached bungalow, must have bullet proof windows, a 10 foot high electric security fence, attack dugs, a close protection squad, a safe room and an escape pod, must be in Parkhead area though ''

Sorry, what you have asked for is too expensive for this area. Check with Peter in Thorntonhall.

Others have summed this up perfectly well already, but I still can't believe that a paper, even one as deep in the gutter as this one, could print such a pile of crap. I'm getting the feeling that there is some desperation somewhere and I'm actually heartened by it. These lazy journos now can't find anything to write about our club, so they blow the dust off a diddy has-been, feed him some crack and alcohol, and get him to spout the biggest chunk of lies and fantasy. It's just utterly bizarre and I can't remember reading something like this since Cantona's trawler nonsense.

Didier Agathe brands Gordon Strachan nothing more than "an ego"

Alison McConnell

Former Scotland and Celtic manager Gordon Strachan

Former Scotland and Celtic manager Gordon Strachan

Former Celtic winger Didier Agathe has blasted former Hoops and Scotland manager Gordon Strachan.

As a player, Agathe was part of Celtic's treble winning squad in 2001 and was an integral part of Martin O'Neill's era at the club.

And while he insists that he learned so much from the Irishman, he suggested Strachan was little more than an ego.

“I learned a great deal from Martin O’Neill from the personal point of view," he said in an interview with a French magazine. "He was a proper manager, he spoke with his players and fostered a real team spirit.

“However Gordon Strachan was totally the opposite. He brought in a right-back, Paul Telfer – and the guy was married to his daughter! There you go.

“I clashed with Strachan in my very first training session with him, as I was injured and he told me to train against the advice of the physios.

“He was hung up in comparison to O’Neill. I honestly didn’t learn a thing from him, and I’m not just saying this as I didn’t get to play.

“Gordon is truly everything that football should not produce.

“You get the impression that he is there because of his ego, and not because he wanted to pass on any knowledge.”

From a distance, Agathe believes Brendan Rodgers is more in keeping with the style of O'Neill.

The Frenchman said: “Brendan is a guy I love. I like his attacking style of play, and he loves his team to create chances and play proper football.

“I met him at a charity game, and he embraced me to say he’d been a Celtic fan since he was little. He is the sort of person who should manage the club.

"When you feel love for the club you are going to do a good job."

Now you know it is a PR job. Put in one negative and turn it into a two positives.