Bookies suspend betting on Rangers being RELEGATED

Bookies suspend betting on Rangers being RELEGATED and claim it’s due to rumours of Ibrox side facing administration

Oddschecker confirmed punters had been lumping on Graeme Murty's side going down this season and said it was because of  rumours of fresh financial trouble at Ibrox

BOOKIES have suspended betting on Rangers being RELEGATED amid supposed rumours of the club facing administration.

Oddschecker confirmed punters have lumped their money on Gers going down this season – the odds going from 5000/1 yesterday to just 500/1 in the space of 24 hours.

And the company claim it’s due to supposed rumours of the Ibrox club facing fresh financial troubles.

The bookie also confirmed that of all the bets placed on their “to finish bottom of the league” markets, a staggering 94 per cent were on Rangers.

Graeme Murty’s men are currently in third place in the Premiership table, 23 points ahead of last-placed Ross County.

But that hasn’t deterred the punters.

Oddschecker spokesman George Elek said: “Here at Oddschecker we’ve seen a huge spike in bets on Rangers to finish bottom, a ridiculous bet when you consider how far off the drop they are.

“However, with rumours starting to circulate on social media, and bookmakers suspending markets, it is easy to see how the story is starting to gather pace.

“We’ve seen an abnormally massive amount of bets on Rangers to be relegated today, with punters piling in on the massive price of 5000/1.

“So much so, that bookmakers will no longer take bets on Murty’s team finishing bottom of the league – despite being a whopping 23 points off of it.

“To call it a strange would be an understatement, and Oddschecker sources have confirmed the unusual activity in the betting for Rangers to be relegated, similar to the circumstances the club faced first time around with their financial struggles.”

Rangers have declined to comment on the claims.

You can see all of Oddschecker’s latest odds on who could finish bottom of the Premiership on their website.

Sun

12 minutes ago, Gribz said:

Is oddchecker a bookie? I thought they just assembled various odds.

Not sure what to make of it though. One punter can lump a heep on in hope and if affects all odds.

On second thoughts I now think it is a part of a\the planned attack to stop clubs selling us players without cash up front

There was talk of this on Clyde SSB tonight with a moonhowler questioning DJ and Wishart. They were adamant they knew nothing of this but wishart did say he had heard rumours for a while.

Its no secret we are skint and I also think this is another carefully planned attack to keep us toxic. Compliant MSM in on the act with Liewell. However, it’s obvious we don’t have any money. Administration seems like Yahoos wiping the bed sheets again!

2 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

There was talk of this on Clyde SSB tonight with a moonhowler questioning DJ and Wishart. They were adamant they knew nothing of this but wishart did say he had heard rumours for a while.

Its no secret we are skint and I also think this is another carefully planned attack to keep us toxic. Compliant MSM in on the act with Liewell. However, it’s obvious we don’t have any money. Administration seems like Yahoos wiping the bed sheets again!

My Avatar is Green Ffs! Seriously......? Can we change the colour Admin please? My eyes get sore as it is :)