Is The Billy Boys Song Banned?

8 minutes ago, colinstein said:

you honestly think "people from foreign countries" actually know what we're singing ?...They ain't all Kapl's who despite being Austrian could distinguish words of a song  in a football crowd....aye right !....In my view foreigners couldn't give a fuck what we're singing.....leave that to tims and their press accolytes

One of the embarrassing thing about us on these islands is our lack of linguistic skills.

Every other country one visits it seems all the taxi drivers shop assistants barman and barmaids all speak fluent English.

Therefore aI am sure the vast majority can work out that  Fuck the Pope is neither friendly,or particularly mature.

I note you do not condemn such singing but try and pass it off as ok because Johnny Foreigner probably doesn’t understand.

Edited by Barrheadboy

If you don't want to slag the leader of the world's largest paedo ring, barrheadboy, that's fine.  

Doesn't bother me in the slightest what the Tims or foreigners think about us.  

As if we don't have enough to deal with in Scotland, without our own cosying up to those who hate us.  

Edited by Gonzo79

The problem is that criticism of the pope, his church, and any or all of its works is now seen by acolytes, devotees, and sundry hand wringers as unacceptable, offensive, and worthy of both censure and censorship. The debate is no longer about whether disapproval and disparagement of the pope etc is appropriate in the context of a football match, which I would submit , on balance, it is not, but about whether such a view is acceptable at all. That is an entirely different and dangerous thing.

23 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

If you don't want to slag the leader of the world's largest paedo ring, barrheadboy, that's fine.  

Doesn't bother me in the slightest what the Tims or foreigners think about us.  

As if we don't have enough to deal with in Scotland, without our own cosying up to those who hate us.  

Actually I would suggest if that is your criteria you look at Westminster Palace where not only a pedo ring has been discovered and covered up for decades, but also murdering of children ,so it must be contradictory for lovers of Britannia that hate Church of Rome for same crime don’t you think?