McCrorie to miss 7 games

Rangers starlet Ross McCrorie set to miss SEVEN Premiership games with foot injury – with Bruno Alves out until the middle of next month

It's understood the starlet's foot injury is worse than initially feared while veteran stopper Alves is out due to a calf tear
GRAEME MURTY is facing a double injury setback with Ross McCrorie and Bruno Alves both set for extended spells on the sidelines.

Top prospect McCrorie, 19, is out of Rangers’ Scottish Cup clash at Fraserburgh on Sunday and isn’t likely to be fit until the end of next month.
It’s understood the starlet’s foot injury is worse than initially feared and McCrorie will now miss a string of key games.

The home-grown kid, who has only just signed a new deal until 2022, suffered the knock against Ross County last month but managed to play on until the winter break.

However, he aggravated it while at the Florida training camp and now faces a significant lay-off.

It means he will miss SEVEN Premiership games — including ones against Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts — plus an expected Scottish Cup fifth-round tie.

Boss Murty has also been told Portuguese stopper Alves, 36, won’t be available until the middle of next month due to a calf tear.
We revealed the club are keen to offload the costly veteran, who lasted just 18 minutes of the Old Firm derby against Celtic on December 30 and still has 16 months remaining on his contract.

Murty has signed experienced stopper Russell Martin on loan from Norwich and has Danny Wilson, David Bates and Fabio Cardoso as other central-defensive options.

McCrorie’s absence from the midfield anchor role could be partially offset by the arrival on loan of QPR ace Sean Goss and the return of Andy Halliday.

That's a loss for us, but I would prefer him to take the time off to recover completely; we don't want to waste that talent.

Fortunately -- or perhaps not, really, as Murty knew those two would be struggling a wee bit -- we have replacements in that area. 

I was worried about the lad last month and I think we pushed him too hard when we had the likes of Barjonas who could have started instead but hey-ho.

I'm also still worried about the long term future of Dorrans.  As I said a while back I'm told his career is in real jeopardy and he's out for the rest of the season anyway.

Just now, Blueger said:

I didn't know that about Dorrans Frankie, that is very worrying, I really hope he's going to be ok.

Fingers crossed it's an exaggeration but with the expected signing of Docherty today then that says a lot for me.