Under 20s defeat Bayern Munich in Germany

3 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Do Bayern have much of a youth conveyor belt then? I thought they bought the best players from every other German club and were hated for it? 

It's certainly state-of-the-art. And, I think it's good in the sense that many come through to become very good professional players for other teams, but perhaps not as many actually come through into the Bayern side; Muller, Alaba, Kroos, Hummels, Lahm and Schweinsteiger being the few -- even some of them got into the Bayern side by going elsewhere first.

I agree there will be an element of them using their financial might to dominate this area.  

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Do Bayern have much of a youth conveyor belt then? I thought they bought the best players from every other German club and were hated for it? 

Even although I have Sky Duitsland i don't really follow German football that much but from what i have heard they have a really good youth academy. DB will probably know better than me.

It is amazing that Bayern paid Borussia Dortmunds players wages to the tune of 2 million pound in 2003 to stop them going Bankrupt. A bit different from the help we had.

I don't think Bayern are that hated to be honest although in my area it is Dortmund and Schalke who hate each other. I was on a Dortmund supporters bus having a piss stop when a Schalke bus also pulled in. Within minutes there was a massive fight. They are as bad as rangers and Celtic. On the other hand Scalke and FC Twenthe supporters are great friends and many Schalke supporters also go to Twenthe and vice versa.

19 hours ago, pete said:

I don't think Bayern are that hated to be honest 

I've been over to Hamburg a couple of times and the HSV fans I spoke to didn't like Bayern much.  They really don't like Werder Bremen and view St Pauli as a bit of a joke.  

I'd go over to watch them regularly if I could afford it.