Danny Wilson move to Colorado Rapids confirmed

Danny Wilson is being lined up for a move away from Glasgow Rangers, according to the Scottish Sun.

Major League Soccer clubs are reportedly preparing 'lucrative' offers for Wilson, whose contract is up at the end of the current season.

Wilson, 26, has started the last 11 league matches in a row for Rangers and has been a key figure under Graeme Murty.

The Light Blues should not allow Wilson's contract to get to the summer unsigned, and this should be a wake up call for the club.

With veteran Bruno Alves frequently injured, Wilson has been a very reliable centre-back for Rangers and impressed in the goalless draw against Celtic on December 30.

Letting him leave would be an error, but if Rangers do not offer Wilson a competitive salary then understandably he will weigh up the best offers he has, whether this be a MLS move or a return to England.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/23/report-rangers-regular-danny-wilson-lined-up-for-mls-transfer/

I think it's a silly move all-round. We'd be losing a decent defender that's coming into his prime -- one can only hope! -- and one who has been doing well this season. He could get into the Scotland squad, which would vanish if he left for the MLS.

I agree with Ian, though: I don't believe it.

The fact his contract is ending may indeed by the incentive that has fuelled his good performances of late. It shows that he can reach that level. Moreover, defenders mature later anyway; he's still only 26! 

I would prefer Wilson with one of Alves or Martin as the first-choice pairing; the solid defender, alongside Wilson's play-making abilities. I think Martin will be the third-choice: Alves is too good to leave out, and Wilson is good, but has that experience of knowing what it means to play for Rangers. 

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

The fact his contract is ending may indeed by the incentive that has fuelled his good performances of late. It shows that he can reach that level. Moreover, defenders mature later anyway; he's still only 26! 

I would prefer Wilson with one of Alves or Martin as the first-choice pairing; the solid defender, alongside Wilson's play-making abilities. I think Martin will be the third-choice: Alves is too good to leave out, and Wilson is good, but has that experience of knowing what it means to play for Rangers. 

I had high hopes for Wilson, when he rejoined us I really thought he would kick on and reach the potential he has always shown, however I gave up on him after too many howlers and I don't see him getting any better than the standard he is at but needs to have more consistency, I would love to be proved wrong by him!