Danny Wilson move to Colorado Rapids confirmed

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I had high hopes for Wilson, when he rejoined us I really thought he would kick on and reach the potential he has always shown, however I gave up on him after too many howlers and I don't see him getting any better than the standard he is at but needs to have more consistency, I would love to be proved wrong by him!

He's 26. Do you expect a finely polished defender at that age? I don't think a defender reaches their peak until closer to 30.

A lot of his problems have been his due to his partners, and the sheer number of them, IMO. 

Just now, Rousseau said:

It appears I'm in the minority with regards to Wilson.

I can't believe YOU'RE ALL WRONG?! :D 

He is so frustrating!, he has the ability, but is caught napping too many times for me, as I said I would love him to prove me wrong

Just now, Rousseau said:

He's 26. Do you expect a finely polished defender at that age? I don't think a defender reaches their peak until close to 30.

A lot of his problems have been his due to his partners, and the sheer number of them, IMO. 

He is 26, he is also very experienced for a 26 year old!, he was Hearts captain as well, I just don't see any improvement in his game, he is playing decent just now but he has also had a lot of howlers this season!

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

He is so frustrating!, he has the ability, but is caught napping too many times for me, as I said I would love him to prove me wrong

I agree, but I don't think that's a reason to bin him at the age of 26. 

Just now, Rousseau said:

I agree, but I don't think that's a reason to bin him at the age of 26. 

I am not binning him as such, if he continues his recent form then that will show me his consistency is improving, however I am always waiting for him to fall asleep during a match which is one of his consistent attributes.

5 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

He is 26, he is also very experienced for a 26 year old!, he was Hearts captain as well, I just don't see any improvement in his game, he is playing decent just now but he has also had a lot of howlers this season!

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I am not binning him as such, if he continues his recent form then that will show me his consistency is improving, however I am always waiting for him to fall asleep during a match which is one of his consistent attributes.

He is experienced in terms of the longevity of his career, but in terms of match experience it's not as great as it should've been. A decent season for us in the SPL several years ago, then wasting in the Liverpool reserves for several seasons, followed by a couple of season's at Hearts (one of which was in the CH). I think we expect more because he's been around since he was 16. 

Fair enough. I'd like to see him stick around. I think he's a good defender, albeit guilty of being complacent.

Seems there may be some truth in the "Wilson out" rumours, according to @estconsultancy on twitter.    However he is still in negotations about a new deal.

I'm assuming there have been inquiries to his agent given he's soon to be out of contract.

I'd keep Wilson.

Like Ian, I have my doubts over him (his concentration at times is dreadful) but he's also a top class defender when he turns up.  Add in his club-trained status then that's useful for European squads.