Club1872 launch £1M share campaign

Share Issue Appeal to Club 1872 Members

Dear Member,

Club 1872 launched its share issue fundraising drive last week and the response has been great so far. We have recruited over 150 new members and seen significant one off donations from members, RSCs and individual supporters.

Club 1872 Director, Laura Fawkes has talked to Club 1872 about how members can help us to invest significantly in Rangers over the coming months.

Click here to view the video. 

We greatly appreciate the monthly commitment you already make to Club 1872 but we would ask you to contribute on a one-off basis to this upcoming share issue if you can. 

You can make a one off donation by clicking here. 

Thank you for your support,

Club 1872

Dear Club 1872,

While you continue to advocate spending money on safe standing, you will get not one additional penny from me.

I currently pay two DD's to C1872 each month, one for £11.25 that used to go to RST and one for £18.72 that used to go to RF. Both of those payments will be cancelled if one penny of this is earmarked for safe standing.

So instead of me giving an additional donation towards the share purchase, which I would be happy to consider, you might be losing my £359.64pa if you continue with this nonsense.

I am sure I am not alone in this way of thinking.

3 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Dear Club 1872,

While you continue to advocate spending money on safe standing, you will get not one additional penny from me.

I currently pay two DD's to C1872 each month, one for £11.25 that used to go to RST and one for £18.72 that used to go to RF. Both of those payments will be cancelled if one penny of this is earmarked for safe standing.

So instead of me giving an additional donation towards the share purchase, which I would be happy to consider, you might be losing my £359.64pa if you continue with this nonsense.

i think you are in a minority mate , i would love to be back in a standing section , however i do agree club1872 shouldnt be paying for it , if you dont like it dont contribute to projects , put all your donations to shares only .

5 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Dear Club 1872,

You can go into your club1872 account and check a box to say you want 100% of your donation to go towards purchasing shares.

The point I am making is if they think this is anywhere in the top 100 list of things to spend money on, what does that say about how you can trust them to make good and big decisions on anything else.

So instead of additional donations, it makes you wonder if you should be trusting them at all with any money.

(I am quite sure I have already ticked the 100% share purchase option, but thanks for the reminder, I will check it out)

3 minutes ago, Thinker said:

You can go into your club1872 account and check a box to say you want 100% of your donation to go towards purchasing shares.

Thanks for this.  I didn't know I could do that.  I'm like TB in that I don't think this is a prudent use of Club 1872 funds and I'm really disappointed that any money is being spent on this.  I'm in favour of a standing section, but not at the expense of safeguarding the club by buying shares.  I always thought this was the priority.  If special interest groups want to raise funding for a standing section, or the club choses to pay for it, then fair enough.  In my opinion though, this is not something that Club 1872 should be distracted with.

Every project that club1872 spend money on , we are members get to vote on it and the majority decide , this isn't someone's pet project , everyone had a vote on it , if you didn't vote don't moan 

Made my one off donation this afternoon. Whilst i disagree with them on the Safe Standing issue ,before Improving  Disabled facilities,, This does not affect my decision on the share issue. We the support need more bargaining power and maintaining,  then increasing our share standing is way to gain that power.

17 minutes ago, rbr said:

Every project that club1872 spend money on , we are members get to vote on it and the majority decide , this isn't someone's pet project , everyone had a vote on it , if you didn't vote don't moan 

But who decides what options the members are given?

If there's a vote on whether they should contribute towards safe standing then a majority would vote yes, but will members be given a choice between that, disabled facilities and one or two other projects? I'm not so sure.