Standing up for Ibrox accessibility improvements

11 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

As much as I understand the concerns, Scottish football isn't exactly rolling in cash.

Money isn't the major obstacle it's the lack of will.

I doubt either St Mirren nor Partick Thistle are rolling in it but they've taken the matter seriously and addressed it.

Rangers have the wheelchair spaces recommended for a stadium of 12,000 would you like to see us limited to 12,000 fans for home European games?

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Of course not.

We have just been through a few years of financial turmoil.  

The financial cost is irrelevant if it's a condition of your licence.

The cost of not addressing the situation far exceeds that of addressing it and that's simply because it has been kicked down the road for decades.

A point to remember too is that one day you may need to avail yourself of the facilities, as it currently stands you'd be told "ok that's your name on the list you're #222 call us again in ten years time".

I can't afford to go to many games at the moment (I'm responsible for that, not Rangers or the football authorities).  We all have things to deal with. 

I'd love Rangers to provide excellent facilities for all fans who want to or can attend matches but know it's costly and the club doesn't have much spare cash.  

Edited by Gonzo79

14 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I can't afford to go to many games at the moment (I'm responsible for that, not Rangers or the football authorities).  We all have things to deal with. 

I'd love Rangers to provide excellent facilities for all fans who want to or can attend matches but know it's costly and the club doesn't have much spare cash.  

You're having difficulty understanding that it isn't an optional extra it's a necessity.

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

For European games (genuine question)?

Of course but it doesn't end there, the current arrangements fall foul of the Equalities Act which is why there has been all the publicity down south in getting Premier League clubs to comply.

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

For European games (genuine question)?

I think the point is that it will be a necessity very soon once uefa legislation passed. Also disabled facilities for disabled fans are essential for their attendance and comfort. The club we would hope would be addressing this ASAP.

6 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Of course but it doesn't end there, the current arrangements fall foul of the Equalities Act which is why there has been all the publicity down south in getting Premier League clubs to comply.

Well, if compliance is a legal necessity, it will have to be done ASAP.  

Edited by Gonzo79