Standing up for Ibrox accessibility improvements

After the behavior of the Spoonburners on Saturday, i would make that whole away corner suitable for our disabled brethren, raised platforms. disabled facilities, the works. Aways supporters i would give them the Albion car park with a big screen and a beamback lol.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 19:13, Gonzo79 said:

As much as I understand the concerns, Scottish football isn't exactly rolling in cash.

St Mirren and Partick Thistle seem to have managed to put in accessibility facilities, not clubs renowned for rolling in it.

As FS says, it is more about will than wealth.

But they have new stands, which were possibly more adaptable to this.  The newest stands at Ibrox are about 40 years old.  

I'm not making excuses and I'm sure we all hope disabled facilities at Ibrox can be improved as soon as possible but there are plausibly reasons why this has not occurred already.  

18 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

But they have new stands, which were possibly more adaptable to this.  The newest stands at Ibrox are about 40 years old.  

I'm not making excuses and I'm sure we all hope disabled facilities at Ibrox can be improved as soon as possible but there are plausibly reasons why this has not occurred already.  

None of which will matter when this becomes legislation.  The Club will HAVE to find a way to make it happen - so no better time to do it than now.

What irks me, and considerably as well.... is that whilst this is set to become legislation and have us at risk of seeing reduced capacity at Ibrox for European games.... C1872 believe it is of greater importance to spend much-needed money on a safe-standing section.

Proper, appropriate disabled facilities would be far better use of money than safe-standing.  Those who would attend the safe-standing section presently have unobstructed views at Ibrox (aside from being obstructed by each other, which is their choice) whilst the disabled fans can barely see the game because they are, effectively, below the visual line of the playing surface.

Our priorities as a fan base are completely messed up.

23 minutes ago, craig said:

None of which will matter when this becomes legislation.  The Club will HAVE to find a way to make it happen - so no better time to do it than now.

What irks me, and considerably as well.... is that whilst this is set to become legislation and have us at risk of seeing reduced capacity at Ibrox for European games.... C1872 believe it is of greater importance to spend much-needed money on a safe-standing section.

Proper, appropriate disabled facilities would be far better use of money than safe-standing.  Those who would attend the safe-standing section presently have unobstructed views at Ibrox (aside from being obstructed by each other, which is their choice) whilst the disabled fans can barely see the game because they are, effectively, below the visual line of the playing surface.

Our priorities as a fan base are completely messed up.

I have said a few times that you may find that those in the proposed standing section end up paying for it (or subsidising it?). I genuinely hope both the initiatives can be completed as the disabled facilities are not adequate or appropriate.

Edited by cooponthewing

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Judging by our home form this season, I'd say dealing with the poor atmosphere is a priority.  

But that's just my opinion.  

I think that is a fairly spurious justification for standing section. 

Our home form is poor because our performances, formation and tactics have been poor.  The atmosphere in Ibrox is a very small fraction of the reason the home form is poor.