Steven Davis on a return to Ibrox Rumour!

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

I think there are two primary tactics Rangers can use in the transfer market to get back to competing with Celtic.

The first is scouting out young players who we can develop and sell on for a major profit (Morelos type signings, and what Celtic have done for years). The best thing about this is it can transform the financial picture in a short space of time.

The second tactic is taking advantage of the club's standing with many players, primarily players who support Rangers (Murphy, Docherty, James MacArthur, Scott Arfield etc) but also Scottish players who are particularly attracted to the prospect of being Rangers players (Cummings, Lee Wallace, Russell Martin etc). The primary benefit of this tactic is it allows you to sign a higher calibre of player than would otherwise be possible, and normaly on discounted wages.

Davis fits into the second category, and I think Mark Allen has been very clever to use this tactic so far with signings of much higher quality than Rangers would otherwise have been possible, and as long as it doesn't mean the first tactic is neglected (because making money fast is vital just now) I'd be happy with a signing like Davis.

Caixhinha abandoned common sense and didn't use either tactic, signing average players who knew nothing about Rangers on very inflated wages and for inflated fees, Herrera and Pena in particular.

Caixinha didn't use either? What about Morelos, Cardoso, Jack, Dorrans? 

We also need quality players that can play now, which is what Caixinha did with Alves and Candeias.

4 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Caixinha didn't use either? What about Morelos, Cardoso, Jack, Dorrans? 

We also need quality players that can play now, which is what Caixinha did with Alves and Candeias.

I’ll revise that with he didn’t use either enough, and I wouldn’t give him credit for Morelos, Jack and Dorrans. And Cardoso is an example I could have added to Pena and Herrera. Inflated transfer fee and probably wages. 

26 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I’ll revise that with he didn’t use either enough, and I wouldn’t give him credit for Morelos, Jack and Dorrans. And Cardoso is an example I could have added to Pena and Herrera. Inflated transfer fee and probably wages. 

DON"T MENTION DALICOOOooo000ooooo:D

I was happy we got Dorrans but Davis would be an upgrade on that. So its a yes for me straight away, quality Premier League player who improved himself.

The chopping and changing of personnel is what concerns me, seems we have a revolving door at the moment - partly down to Pedro and a bit of Warburton - but personnel seems to be changing too regularly and settled signings is what we need.

Regards the OP, I don't think we'll see Davis or any of those who walked out returning. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers board have privately taken this decision.

if so I can't say I disagree with them.
I think our current board would have been happy when players walked out on green.

On 20 February 2018 at 06:35, the gunslinger said:
On 19 February 2018 at 20:00, RANGERRAB said:
Regards the OP, I don't think we'll see Davis or any of those who walked out returning. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers board have privately taken this decision.

if so I can't say I disagree with them.

I think our current board would have been happy when players walked out on green.

I think Green would have been happy too at not having to pay their salaries 

37 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I think Green would have been happy too at not having to pay their salaries 

Green would've been happier to collect transfer fees for them......money that would have disappeared out the Ibrox door to who knows where. As I remember Southampton did pay a transfer fee for Davis which was confiscated by the SFA

9 hours ago, DMAA said:

I could get behind that statement. Your previous statement was just plain wrong.  

Of course he has to get credit for the above signings; they were signed when he was manager. Now you're just massaging the facts. 

At the time it looked like Cardoso was a good signing; young prospect, for not too much outlay. I don't think he'll be on that much, but he's certainly not at the quality we need. We were paying for potential there, though; which was one of your points. 

We did need experienced players too that could play to a good standard now. Candeias and Alves have fit that bill.