[FT] Hamilton 3 - 5 Rangers (Murphy 10; Windass 19, 34, 72; Morelos 27)

A decent run of results will put us in with a shout ,you might think I am mad but if the monkey's are still in the Thursday night cup it will stretch their resources to breaking point and you know we might surprise many out there.

I never give up .

40 minutes ago, compo said:

A decent run of results will put us in with a shout ,you might think I am mad but if the monkey's are still in the Thursday night cup it will stretch their resources to breaking point and you know we might surprise many out there.

I never give up .

Thats the spirit!  

Theres not a support in the world who is entirely satisfied with the state of their team, in general that is. For example many Man City fans are talking up the quadrouple but that has raised doubts and theres a feeling is a lot of those quarters that Barca and Real Madrid are too strong. Real Madrid fans are already worried about Zidane. 

Pessimism, or at least tempered optimism is part of being a football supporter. Especially when you’ve gone through what we’ve gone through. I understand the fact that some are reluctant to get too carried away. 

Personally im in the tempered optimism camp. The top 4 in the league are exactly the same in terms of form in the past 5 games, three wins, a draw and a defeat, but i think we had a good transfer window so that bodes well, when the new gyus start to gel, things could start to motor for us. meanwhile i still think they are on the slide. And um notvworried at all about Aberdeen and Hibs. They will revert to type soon enough. Too arrogant? Or honest?

Hope springs eternal but being realistic we have no hope of catching Celtic on present form. Indeed we are three points behind Aberdeen and unless we can show some consistency and resilience starting with beating Hamilton then we will have a similar season to last.

My usual mantra is that as long as we win most if not all our games, we are fine. We hit a low around the time PC left and Murty stepped in. Those lost points did cost us, not least as the Yahoos were either scraping through games with 1-goal wins or indeed were shedding points too. That game against Hibs probably was a blip that we can and have to expect every now and then ... even though IMHO tactics were off that day (apart from the fact that we couldn't hit a barn door that day).

Still, what holds true for us holds true for our rivals. And not only when it comes to these crucial games stewarty listed above. The Yahoos are hardly in the shame shape or mood that they were a year ago. Be that with regards to their own form or the fact that injuries have finally caught up with them after some blessed seasons of virtually nothing. If we keep pestering them things may get interesting sooner than we have expected ... but as we all know, we are two defeats away from nervous breakdowns too.