[FT] Hamilton 3 - 5 Rangers (Murphy 10; Windass 19, 34, 72; Morelos 27)

Just now, Rousseau said:

Not for me; Alves is the better player.

I see your point, I just feel Him and Martin is like a double Decker turning; not saying Bates is much faster but I also think Alves has one eye on the WC in the summer. Which we can't blame him for. But I need commitment 

6 minutes ago, PierreFanFan said:

I see your point, I just feel Him and Martin is like a double Decker turning; not saying Bates is much faster but I also think Alves has one eye on the WC in the summer. Which we can't blame him for. But I need commitment 

Welcome to Gersnet, PFF...

We actually discussed this the other day - I reckon Alves and Martin as our central pairing would work really well as Alves is left sided and Martin right.  Pace is a slight worry but I think their positioning is good enough to nullify that - remember how good Weir and Wilson were?

However, as Rousseau says, Bates has done absolutely nothing wrong so far instead of Alves so happy to stick with him as our physical presence until Alves is fit.

Just now, buster. said:

A win today and we go second on goal difference.

This squad of players should have enough about them now to go and get this done.

Consistency of result should be our biggest aim and winning has to become a habit.

OK, in an ideal world, we'd have one or two of Dorrans, Jack, McCrorie and perhaps Wallace also involved in our first choice team but that's a very strong XI we have out there today so there should be no excuses if we don't bring home the three points.

9 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Welcome to Gersnet, PFF...

We actually discussed this the other day - I reckon Alves and Martin as our central pairing would work really well as Alves is left sided and Martin right.  Pace is a slight worry but I think their positioning is good enough to nullify that - remember how good Weir and Wilson were?

However, as Rousseau says, Bates has done absolutely nothing wrong so far instead of Alves so happy to stick with him as our physical presence until Alves is fit.

Yeah, I see the point. I just question the commitment of Alves due to the World Cup and I feel we need a Centre half there who will build and push on in the Future. Alves wont be here next season and Martin might not be also.

I think Murty Really likes Bates but feel McCrorie will be his first CB on in the Line-up

2 minutes ago, PierreFanFan said:

Yeah, I see the point. I just question the commitment of Alves due to the World Cup and I feel we need a Centre half there who will build and push on in the Future. Alves wont be here next season and Martin might not be also.

I think Murty Really likes Bates but feel McCrorie will be his first CB on in the Line-up

I think it's because Alves is desperate to feature at the World Cup he'd have to produce his best form playing regularly for us.

Martin has shown enough to be signed permanently for me (though there's still a big portion of the season to go) and I think he and McCrorie will be our first choice pairing next season - depending on the system Murty employs from game to game.

Just now, PierreFanFan said:

Put simply, Murty has to go with what he and his coaching team think is best for the team to win football matches and not allow other pressures to overrule him. He needs to establish a fairly ruthless authority if he wants to do well and keep the job, even if his interviews sound more concilitory.