[FT] Hamilton 3 - 5 Rangers (Murphy 10; Windass 19, 34, 72; Morelos 27)

Eleven goals in the last 180 minutes is an excellent return with various players scoring.

In these types of games, I'd tend to forget the bad moments in defence and hope for more concentration come 'bigger games'.

Good to see Morelos play an unselfish game with two assists, especially the pass to Murphy as the Columbian has always tended to shoot no matter how acute the angle.

Now we have to back this up and beat a defensively sound  Hearts at Ibrox. This is the type of test that Murty has to pass if he harbours hopes of staying in the job. So far this season we've only taken one point from 3 games at Ibrox against Edinburgh clubs, that has got to change.

Only going on the highlights, but really pleasing to see so much creativity in the side. Murphy adds a real class that has been missing going forward. Docherty appears to compliment Goss well in the midfield, doing very different jobs for the team.

We need to start doing this at home and we can finally start to capitalise on a poor Celtic side getting off with murder this season. Traditionally a european run is very bad for domestic form and so it has proved. A series of injuries leaves us with absolutely no excuse not to run them very close. Morelos needs to stay till the end of the season for us to have a chance at doing that.

Centre back looks very much like a position under invested in though. Until we have real quality there we'll struggle. I hope McCrorie can improve it when he's back. I don't think it makes sense to put him into a centre midfield position which he wouldn't improve as much anymore.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Only going on the highlights, but really pleasing to see so much creativity in the side. Murphy adds a real class that has been missing going forward. Docherty appears to compliment Goss well in the midfield, doing very different jobs for the team.

We need to start doing this at home and we can finally start to capitalise on a poor Celtic side getting off with murder this season. Traditionally a european run is very bad for domestic form and so it has proved. A series of injuries leaves us with absolutely no excuse not to run them very close. Morelos needs to stay till the end of the season for us to have a chance at doing that.

Centre back looks very much like a position under invested in though. Until we have real quality there we'll struggle. I hope McCrorie can improve it when he's back. I don't think it makes sense to put him into a centre midfield position which he wouldn't improve as much anymore.

Centreback is definitely the area we need to sort out in the summer.  We need at least one signing for the first eleven.  Only Alves and McCrorie look solid enough to me.  Martin might grow into it and he deserves a little time to fit in with our team.

1 minute ago, Gaffer said:

Centreback is definitely the area we need to sort out in the summer.  We need at least one signing for the first eleven.  Only Alves and McCrorie look solid enough to me.  Martin might grow into it and he deserves a little time to fit in with our team.

A more settled and effective defensive midfield pairing that includes Ryan Jack would probably leave the centre-backs less exposed.

Docherty worked hard yesterday but undid some of that by losing possession to easily with misplaced passes.

38 minutes ago, stewarty said:

So, I've had the bandwagon valeted and its ready to roll...

Next weekend is huge.  Three points versus Hearts and say a draw between the Sheep and Celtic would be ideal.

Levein's Hearts at Ibrox is the proverbial war of attrition.

There will be little or no room in behind, Hearts will not come out. They will play for set pieces and hope to notch from one or two. We will be shooting from outside the box. A strong Referee will be required. I remain hopeful.