I caught the reaction in the BT studio afterwards -- I was waiting on the Atalanta-Dortmund game but it'd already started on the other channel, just to analyse what went wrong, or how Celtic were wronged -- and I can't believe how good they think they are? Hartson totally believes the hype: 'Zenit were just an OK side; Celtic are better; it was bad management, but I don't blame St Brenda, the players managed it badly etc.' 

I hate it when English sides assume their more 'famous' team should be beating a team not as well known, just through that alone; when often that other side are quite good. Atalanta-Everton was a good example: they expected a simple win for Everton, but anyone who's watched Atalanta would tell you it was not an easy tie -- they just dropped out against Dortmund after leading for most of the tie. But, this 'hype' around Celtic is worse; they are so far up their own arses it's unbelievable. 

Zenit are a good side -- not what they were, but a good side -- especially at home. Just because you've played well and they haven't, and you've sneaked a 1-0 at home doesn't mean the tie is a given! Mental. 

In today's Times, once a paper of record, Mr Paul Forsyth writes:

Dembélé disappears
Was it really less than a year ago that Celtic were valuing Moussa Dembélé at upwards of £30 million? They won’t get that now. Yes, the young French striker’s difficult second season hasn’t been helped by injury, but his form is a shadow of the player who was being billed as one of Europe’s most exciting prospects.

He was strong and clever in the first leg, when it looked as though his game was coming back, but last night he produced another tired performance that will have none of the continent’s top clubs beating a path to Celtic’s door. Hanging on to their prize asset has not proved to have been one of the club’s better business decisions.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/scotland/talking-points-deputy-dorus-de-vries-hastens-celtics-downfall-f9fbxlpl7

Rahoops, as any fule kno, tried furiously to punt the fat poacher, and received no offers, despite the Scottish press claiming a rejected £18M bid from So'ton. 

Lack of overtures meant that the overweight, overpaid, overhyped, asset remained at the piggery - nowt else.

If something is worth reporting, it is worth reporting accurately. The continual mythmaking around paranoia-dise really grinds my gears.

4 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I caught the reaction in the BT studio afterwards -- I was waiting on the Atalanta-Dortmund game but it'd already started on the other channel, just to analyse what went wrong, or how Celtic were wronged -- and I can't believe how good they think they are? Hartson totally believes the hype: 'Zenit were just an OK side; Celtic are better; it was bad management, but I don't blame St Brenda, the players managed it badly etc.' 

I hate it when English sides assume their more 'famous' team should be beating a team not as well known, just through that alone; when often that other side are quite good. Atalanta-Everton was a good example: they expected a simple win for Everton, but anyone who's watched Atalanta would tell you it was not an easy tie -- they just dropped out against Dortmund after leading for most of the tie. But, this 'hype' around Celtic is worse; they are so far up their own arses it's unbelievable. 

Zenit are a good side -- not what they were, but a good side -- especially at home. Just because you've played well and they haven't, and you've sneaked a 1-0 at home doesn't mean the tie is a given! Mental. 

I would let them believe the hype - the fact they believe their own hype will ultimately lead to complacency and, even sweeter, when we win the 55, the Timplosion will be quite the spectacle.