Jack season ended

By Colin Duncan
25th February 2018, 12:32 am
GRAEME MURTY admitted he’s devastated for Ryan Jack after losing the midfielder for the rest of the season.

The Rangers boss confirmed Jack underwent surgery on his damaged knee last week.
Jack suffered the injury in December
The 25-year-old suffered cartilage damage when he was caught by Motherwell defender Cedric Kipre back in December.

Jack’s injury has turned out to be much worse than initially feared and Murty insists he will not rush him back.

He said: “He’s had surgery on his knee. And he’s following a very, very boring – for him – protocol that means he’s not going to be weight-bearing.

“It’s something we have to be very cautious with and be patient.

Jack joined his boyhood side from Aberdeen last summer

“The conservative route after the surgery is vital in our mind to make sure that we get Ryan back at the very top of his form and his fitness.

“It’s a blow for us as he’d been doing really well. It’s a blow for him.

“I think you saw from his journey to playing for Rangers that he was desperate to come to us, desperate to be on this stage, desperate to wear the shirt.

“Now he’s had a significant setback.

“What we have to make sure is that when he does come back in the squad, he comes into a vibrant, positive enthusiastic area that enhances his game and really takes his game to the next level as we try to do with all our players.”

Well, I know I go against the current, but like Murty I don't think Kipre meant to injure him. He was awefully clumsy in his challenge and from what we have seen thus far this season, it beggars belief that there are not more serious injuries like Jack's. I actually feared for Morelos' ankle when Berra hacked him down in the area ... likewise being late and clumsy.

It is good that we have Goss, Holt and Docherty all in there able to deputise for Jack, and, at a push, Halliday too. I feared for our DM when both Jack and McCrorie were injured and Rossiter not anywhere near a starting slot either. So good work by the management to plug that whole in the way they did.