Graeme Murty admits Sean Goss is a permanent signing target

Let the games begin. Got to love the posturing. Murty might know that he won't have Goss next season but he's talking up the player for a bit of psych in the next few games. Holloway might know that we have already declared a formal interest and is playing to the QPR gallery. Murty might be going public to boost the player's confidence........

It's all good fun. 

If QPR rate Sean Goss so highly why don't they play him more often in their first team ? He's been there over a year now & seems to be finding opportunities limited.

Goss is 23 later this year & needs first team football. He should get himself a good agent to get himself out of QPR to somewhere where he'll get first team football. Preferably Rangers.  

And then there are people who don't hare after this sentence uttered or that, blowing it out of proportion. People like these:

Three reasons QPR could yet end up selling Sean Goss to Glasgow Rangers

By London Football News 28/02/2018

Glasgow Rangers are pursuing a deal to sign Sean Goss from QPR on a permanent basis – despite being told he is not for sale.

Midfielder Goss, 22, did not feature for the R’s at all this season before moving to Ibrox on loan last month.

He has impressed north of the border and Gers boss Graeme Murty is keen to sign him – and seems to think a deal is possible despite QPR’s initial reluctance to part with the former Manchester United man.

“QPR have said: ‘You’re not having him, keep your hands off’. But football situations like that tend to be quite fluid,” Murty has been quoted as saying.

And he might have a point – as there are three good reasons why a permanent deal could yet be on the cards.

QPR’s finances

The Championship club have problems, with the prospect of a massive Financial Fair Play fine hanging over them and a need to reduce costs. If a decent offer is made for Goss, it might might be hard to turn down.

No impact at Loftus Road

Despite their current insistence that he is part of their plans, Goss has failed to impress since his move from United last year. QPR’s three-man midfield of Josh Scowen, Massimo Luongo and Luke Freeman has been a mainstay of their season, while the likes of Jordan Cousins and Ryan Manning are other options. Would Goss get a look-in next season?

The lure of first-team football

At 22, Goss has very little first-team experience, having not played a senior game before his move to QPR, where he has only managed three starts and six appearances in total. Now he is finally playing and getting rave reviews, would he want to return?

http://londonfootballnews.co.uk/qpr/three-reasons-qpr-yet-end-selling-sean-goss-glasgow-rangers/

Just an opinion, of course. But at least one that looks after some facts behind the words.

Edited by der Berliner

13 hours ago, buster. said:

Nothing to see !

Holloway enjoys a rant

Tabloids love it

Doesn't really change anything

Your right. I can’t see anywhere Murty said he is trying to sign the player on a permanent deal. Who did that the interview on this? The Daily Rhodent?  

I don't think Goss suits QPR's game. They're expected to scrap it out, in 50/50 games all season for a mid-table place at the moment, which requires a certain type of player. Goss is not that player; he needs to be on the ball, controlling things, in a team that dominates -- like at Man Utd, and although it was the Youths, the demand and type of game is the same. I think Rangers suit his game more. 

There's a reason why he can go from getting no first-team appearances at a mid-table side, to virtually dominating in a team that 'dominates', or is at least expected to. I thought that when we signed him: no first-team appearances because he's not found the club he needs to show off his game. 

It'll be interesting to see how much the player can do to influence the move to us, and how that may affect his price.  I'd be amazed if he doesn't want to join us permanently because he looks to be loving his time at our club and he must surely see what has happened to others who returned from loans and went to other clubs.  In fact, no one knows what happened to them because they slip into obscurity.

The questions is then about his salary.  Can we afford to pay him enough to stop him from being tempted by a bigger money move to the Championship?  I suppose that's the true test if he's right for us.  If he'd rather go to the Championship just to get a few more pounds then he is not for us.  But I've got a feeling this guy wants to win things, and he's another that I'd love to be with us when we get 55.  It does just show how good the loan market can be for players and us, and I'd be happy with more 'trials' like this.

Better to concentrate on the 'now' and enjoy the contribution of Goss than speculate on something that no-one knows what will look like come May/June.

The last transfer window showed that Mark Allen and the football operation seem to know what they are doing and are being given some authority alongside Murty, who is perhaps more a Head Coach, than manager. I reckon it's Jimmy Nicholl who has given the man-management of players a new dimension with old methods.

19 minutes ago, buster. said:

Better to concentrate on the 'now' and enjoy the contribution of Goss than speculate on something that no-one knows what will look like come May/June.

The last transfer window showed that Mark Allen and the football operation seem to know what they are doing and are being given some authority alongside Murty, who is perhaps more a Head Coach, than manager. I reckon it's Jimmy Nicholl who has given the man-management of players a new dimension with old methods.

That's fair.  There's no doubt that we all have a high degree of confidence in Allen and his team to bring in decent players if and when we need them.  No matter what happens, it should be an interesting summer.  Depending on how the next couple of weeks go, we could be in for an interesting end of season too.

1 minute ago, Gaffer said:

That's fair.  There's no doubt that we all have a high degree of confidence in Allen and his team to bring in decent players if and when we need them.  No matter what happens, it should be an interesting summer.  Depending on how the next couple of weeks go, we could be in for an interesting end of season too.

A degree of confidence, yes but he and the football operation need to show over a period that it functions well and improves, before it becomes 'high'.