i`m really pumped up for this one.

england have a gift of a chance to get to the quarters here.

i realise ecuador are no mugs and recently beat argentina, but it`s a miss match to be blatantly honest.

england may find it hard to score with only rooney up front so it`ll probably be a tight game because of erikssons defensive minded tactics.

i`m expecting the team to be....

....................................................robinson........................................

.....o.hargreaves...................................................................a.cole......

.................................ferdinand(if fit)/campbell....terry...........................

...........................................carrick...................................................

.....beckham........................gerrard.......................................j.cole......

........................................lampard....................................................

..........................................rooney...................................................

i`m only going by what i`ve heard and the decision to play hargreaves in favour of a guy who won the european cup for liverpool last year in carragher is rediculous.

eriksson is becoming far too defnsive.

i don`t mind carrick playing in the anchor, but he should drop beckham and play crouch up front.

a 5 man midfield agaist ecuador is asking for trouble.

rooney will be knackered after 60 mins again if he`s up front himself and gerrard will once again be playing a role that does not bring out the best in him.

i`d rather a 4/4/2 diamond with ..

robinson

a.cole

j.terry

campbell

carragher

carrick

j.cole

gerrard

lampard

rooney

crouch

if he picks that team then i`ll be the next manager of celtic

Carragher hasnt done too well at right back though colsh , and am thinkin a new manager comin in might be worth while to try wingbacks , a.cole and aaron lennon

yeah but sureley he`ll be a better option than hargreaves.

imo it`s a disaster waiting to happen having that boy at right back.

i`d love to see what lennon could do. he did well against t nt for the few mins he was on.

I think England will pump Equador because they have a 4-5-1 (best formation available) and the off form Owen and dumplin Crouch wont be there. Instead they have a world class Gerrard playing in his best role and Carrick to secure the midfield.

My only question is Hargreaves at RB? Sven must fancy the pants off him or something coz he sure has a hard on for playing him!! Carragher has a claim to be starting ahead of Rio never mind at RB!

But Portugal or Holland will see off England in the 1/4s :D

England should see off Ecuador without any real problems. Germany tore them to shreds the other day and I expect England to do the same.

3-0 England.

Not that you want that though eh mate?? ;)

1-0 England

I think England will pump Equador because they have a 4-5-1 (best formation available) and the off form Owen and dumplin Crouch wont be there. Instead they have a world class Gerrard playing in his best role and Carrick to secure the midfield.

My only question is Hargreaves at RB? Sven must fancy the pants off him or something coz he sure has a hard on for playing him!! Carragher has a claim to be starting ahead of Rio never mind at RB!

But Portugal or Holland will see off England in the 1/4s :D

at the moment because of erikssons balls up of not taking enough strikers, yes 4/5/1 is probably the strogest tactic.

but, if he had`ve made the correct squad selection we`d have played a strong diamond shaped 4/4/2.