Huge pressure on Rangers, says Rodgers

IMHO, the majority of pressure is on Ceptic...

They are (currently) the league leaders - it's theirs to lose - however, they have been dropping a fair amount of points recently & generally playing poorly.  The league table shows that that they have only won ONE more game than us!!!  Essentially, a win for them will reduce that pressure to win the league.  As win for us on the other hand, puts us 3pts behind, although they have a game in hand but going on recent for, there is no guarantee that they will take all 3pts from that game.

A draw for them doesn't do them any harm, but will lower the pressure levels very slightly in that it's 3pts less that we can win.

We are not expected to win...we are the "underdogs" of the fixture.  All I have heard on Clyde SSB is about how Murty will need to change the team to cope with Ceptics players/tactics.  The real discussion should be over how Brenda is gonna cope with out players & Tactics - out of the 2 teams, we are the ones that have been playing well & (actually) dominating our opponents.  Ceptics possession stats are slight misleading since they tend to play the ball about at the back - under zero opposing pressure - a helluva lot during games, this means that the stats show 60-odd percent possession which many regard as dominance over the other team.

I think we will get a clearer picture of how good this Ceptic team is over the next couple of months - can they handle pressure???  

IF we beat them on Sunday, you can guarantee that all the following chat will be about how Ceptic played badly, never showed up etc.

Yes "Big Jock" was a legend and always will be for the successes he landed us.

Meanwhile Brenda showed he is beginning to crack with his whining about teams only raising their games against his mhanky mob,whereas we on here have been lamenting the fact that this is normal practice for teams playing us.

Really hope that we do the business and look forward to the mhedia and scum meltdown.

Pressure entirely on them.  They're going to go on and win the league and they're financially so far ahead of us it's insane.  That said, there's cause for optimism, they've faltered lately and aren't as invincible as some would have us believe.  Not sure about anyone else but I've got a cheeky £5 on us to win the league at 66/1 giving me a nice £335 if we can do it!

Just imagine the melt down across the city (and in the media) if we managed to beat them in both legs of the double header, it could be spectacular!

14 minutes ago, onevision said:

I ran up the Gullane sand dune a few weeks ago, just the once mind you....

Done it many times pre season, now the best I could do would be just rolling down it!

20 hours ago, Darthter said:

Ceptics possession stats are slight misleading since they tend to play the ball about at the back - under zero opposing pressure - a helluva lot during games, this means that the stats show 60-odd percent possession which many regard as dominance over the other team.

Agree with that. During the little I have seen them play teams other than Rangers what's regularly happening is that the opposition launch a long ball often from their own half to some lone striker up front who is quickly crowded out.

It's not difficult to retain possession against one man with no support as his comrades maintain their wall further back. Lets see how they cope with a team coming at them fast, in numbers, and from varying directions.