Neil Lennon hit with FIVE-game ban

LENNY CARPETED

Hibs boss Neil Lennon hit with FIVE-game ban for his furious rant at referee Kevin Clancy following Hampden hearing

The former Celtic gaffer – who clapped in Clancy's face - was sent off at Rugby Park last month after disputing a penalty award to Kilmarnock

NEIL LENNON has been hit with a FIVE-game ban for his furious rant at referee Kevin Clancy.

The Hibs gaffer – who blasted Clancy and clapped in his face – was sent off at Rugby Park last month after disputing a penalty award to Kilmarnock in the 2-2 draw.

And following an SFA disciplinary hearing, Hampden chiefs threw the book at the former Celtic boss.

Lenny will face an immediate three-game ban, with a further two-match suspended ban, which will be imposed should there be any further breaches.

The incident saw him cited with two charges of misconduct.

One for his reaction towards the referee and another for his post-match comments.

He has already apologised for losing the plot with the whistler on the touchline.

After the game, Lennon said: “I’m not happy with the standard of refereeing this season. I’ve tried to keep my council but they’ve cost us a lot of points.

“We should be able to send referee’s off for their performances instead of sending managers off.

“We are trying to do our jobs and they are costing us points that could cost me a European place or a lot of money.

“It’s not the first time Clancy has done that so I’m not happy with the standard of refereeing at all.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2365448/neil-lennon-ban-hearing-hibs-kevin-clancy-ref/

A five game ban is nowhere near enough for this vile excuse for a human being.

He behaves as he does because he knows he can get away with it here in Scotland. He has friends in the right places including the SFA who treat him leniently when these incidents occur which is far too often.

In England he wouldn't get away with it. The English FA would then hammer him so hard no club would employ him.

When he left the yahoos in 2014 he probably expected a premiership job but no club was interested in him. Not difficult to understand why. The only club he got was Bolton who were under a transfer embargo at the time. And he didn't last long there before they got rid off him.

As for the KIllie game in question I thought the referee was perfectly entitled to award a penalty. The ball was heading towards goal & hit the defenders arm.