New manager rumours

And we can all relax, because:

"RANGERS are ahead of the curve in their recovery despite the current disarray at Ibrox, according to director Alastair Johnston."

Are they really expecting to sell season tickets by coming out with stuff like this after the week we've had and that gutless lack of a performance?  Dear oh dearie me.

Edited by SteveC

Just now, colinstein said:

away yi go....get behind the fuckin' team....we will fight til the day is done

I can't make the game anyway but with Murty still in charge I won't bother going to the pub.  The players and managers packed it in after Celtc's 3rd at Ibrox.

52 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I like the idea of having these young 'winners' around, but I don't understand why we're enthusiastic about that and not about a young tactician. These young German coaches are tactically excellent, but we're ruling them out in favour of someone who's won a few games for us? I don't quite get that. It's an invaluable quality and characteristic -- I'm all for that -- but I would like to see that tactical proficiency come first. 

I agree the practicable solution may indeed be a young, up-and-coming coach; I'm all for that -- if they can demonstrate tactical proficiency.

I wonder what people on here feel about the standard of MLS soccer.
I've been watching Toronto FC this season, they are the team who gave us Maurice Edu, and they are currently contesting with Chivas Guadalaraja for the CONCACAF CL. The winner enters FIFA's world club competition.
The point is their coach, Greg Vanney, joined them in 2014 and has transformed them from a no-mark team into champions. They play good football and are quite hard to beat.
I think this guy has a winner's mentality. He's quite young, active and relatively successful. 
You can read about him here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Vanney