Should we bid £5million for McGinn..?

I've yet to see a player in Scotland worth £5 million to ANY Scottish club.

An English team paying, possibly. But any £5 million player and that includes the dozens of £20 million valued ones at the home of the Rhats is moving south, not coming to or between clubs in Scotland.

I’m holding out hoping that he might want to play under Steven Gerrard, who better to learn from? However I never realised McGinn only has a year left on his contract. He probably will run it down & move to the Tim’s for nothing. Hibs won’t be the same team after he leaves, that’s for sure.

19 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I would assume that Gerrard won't look at too many Scottish based players, in fact, will know only a limited number of them. And he'll sure not burst our rival's bank accounts for paying silly money for chaps like McGinn.

Silly money?? Did you see that midfield today?? That Cham cost them about 4million, he’s not even their best player. We need to start buying a few £4-5million rated players, not another dozen bang average players!! This will never change until we start buying £4million players, you might not think McGinn fits the bill, but if the board aren’t prepared to give the new manager “silly money” then we’re as well withdrawing from the league!!

5 hours ago, 917 said:

Silly money?? Did you see that midfield today?? That Cham cost them about 4million, he’s not even their best player. We need to start buying a few £4-5million rated players, not another dozen bang average players!! This will never change until we start buying £4million players, you might not think McGinn fits the bill, but if the board aren’t prepared to give the new manager “silly money” then we’re as well withdrawing from the league!!

It is silly money for a Hibs player with a year left on his contract. You should not buy fantasy figures thrown about by TLB.