Pena sacked by Cruz Azul

The lad clearly has a problem with abuse of alcohol. He needs clinical and psychiatric/psychological help, with relevant support, and counselling.

The Club ought to extend this, although drying out treatment, and the rest,  in a foreign country, with little family, friends, and others there, and a language barrier, may be even more difficult than at home. 

(Actually, and before the shock troops jump in to rubbish my suggestion, it occurs to me that the Club may, contractually, have to use its most reasonable endeavours, as lawyers say, to get him dried out, before it can even consider termination.) 

Best solution is to fly over there with bag of money and offer a termination deal. We will have budgeted his full wages less what we were expecting Cruz to pay so try and make some savings for the next manager. I’m sure he would be happy to stay there rather than be forced to come back here. 

Whoever signed this deal for Pena off (and it must have been at senior board level) is a clueless idiot. 

I appreciate that there’s a lot of competition for this particular title but he must be the worst signing we’ve ever made, all things considered?

The defense of him on other message boards was utterly bizarre.

I still think he could do a job for us.

He's good in the box, sh*te out of it. Perhaps too expensive an impact player, but if he's used intelligently, he could play his part in paying off the outlay.  

I'm perhaps being too optimistic here -- we do need everyone pulling their weight.