It is a worrying trend.

I remember the same tactic used after the Scottish Cup defeat to Hibs. Never heard a word until the pre-season began and just acted like we had forgot all about losing a cup final despite winning with 10 minutes to go!

Personally I think the riot that day helped the board deflect from the match and result! 2 years on and we still haven't recovered IMO.

I want to hear from the director of football and the ceo. How are mistakes being rectified. What are we thinking and how do tjey justify decisions made and the gerrard decision. You cant hide and only show your face when it works. They obviously believe in the murty route and are replicating it again and again. Justify that please.

There's nothing anyone can say that will make the blindest difference.  We've heard it all before.  There is only one thing that makes a difference and that's a winning team on the park.  The problem isn't that it's now unlikely to change until next season because these players are broken.  The manager is broken too.  The players and manager are much better than the results would indicate but they appear to be unable to bounce back from these setbacks.  We need an announcement about the manager and investment.  When that's done, we will still have plenty of arguments, debates and criticism of how things pear at the moment, but at least we can start to move on.

6 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

There's nothing anyone can say that will make the blindest difference.  We've heard it all before.  There is only one thing that makes a difference and that's a winning team on the park.  The problem isn't that it's now unlikely to change until next season because these players are broken.  The manager is broken too.  The players and manager are much better than the results would indicate but they appear to be unable to bounce back from these setbacks.  We need an announcement about the manager and investment.  When that's done, we will still have plenty of arguments, debates and criticism of how things pear at the moment, but at least we can start to move on.

Agreed.

If you have nothing to say, it's best you stay silent. Too often the club have come out with clumsey statements that are designed to placate the support in the very short-ter, opposed to having any real effect on events.

Regards the aftermatch interviews, there have been rumours of why that decision may have been taken. It would certainly seem as if something out of the ordinary happened for a 'lockdown' decision to have been made.

As an aside (relevant or not), I don't think Jim Traynor is the man that Rangers should have making any such decisions or writing statements. He isn't up to it and his apparent output comes accross to me as generally angry reactionism that doesn't work, opposed to having a base in intelligent thought.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

What's the point?

If the board/management say anything then we will just complain about what they say.

Actions speak louder than words.

Totally agree....it's a no win situation for the club.

Say nothing...everyone criticises

Say something....everyone criticises

So you've gotta thing, whats the benefit of putting out a statement, when all it will do is give the media & fans (own & others) something else to pick holes in.

What I would like to think is happening is that there is discussions & analysis going on behind the scenes as to what happened in that match (and the last OF), and how can the pieces be picked up again for the remaining games.  Also, driving home to the players & coaches the importance to the club & fans for a strong finish to the season - 2nd place was the main goal this season.  I'd be making it clear to players & coaches etc that if that objective is not achieved then if there are any seasonal/performance bonuses etc, they will not be getting paid out.

With the news that Murty has stepped down, the silence would seem to have had a good reason behind it.

AJ's words about Murty a week or so ago now look predictably hollow and you have a board that don't look very clever.

Just now, buster. said:

With the news that Murty has stepped down, the silence would seem to have had a good reason behind it.

AJ's words about Murty a week or so ago now look predictably hollow and you have a board that don't look very clever.

and folk wonder why the board don't issue more statements.....

Can't remember what AJ said, but clearly the manager situation has changed since then.