Can England win the World Cup?

No reason why not according to the FA Technical Director, or somesuch (copyright der B)

He cited their world class players, Harry Kane (fair enough) Deli Alli (not quite) and John Stones (doesn’t get a regular game for City) So that’s not quite three. 

But hope is always positive.

18 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Nope.

Not with Southgate. 

They have got very good players, but the whole is just not good enough.

No not with any manager,players are just not good enough. Scotland nearly and should have beat them. They think they are better than they are.

7 minutes ago, pete said:

No not with any manager,players are just not good enough. Scotland nearly and should have beat them. They think they are better than they are.

I'm not so sure. I think a good manager would be able to get them very close, with the players they have; they do have very good players, albeit not quite world-class. It's not really about the individuals, though. 

One-off games don't count for much.

They do have some very good players as Rousseau says, but not enough. They're not particularly strong at left back, centre of defence and defensive midfield, and lack the inspirations player that others have.

I hope that they do well, but my expectations are fairly low. Last 8 would be good for them.

50 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm not so sure. I think a good manager would be able to get them very close, with the players they have; they do have very good players, albeit not quite world-class. It's not really about the individuals, though. 

One-off games don't count for much.

Apart form when a team is going through the KO stages in the WC.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

They do have some very good players as Rousseau says, but not enough. They're not particularly strong at left back, centre of defence and defensive midfield, and lack the inspirations player that others have.

I hope that they do well, but my expectations are fairly low. Last 8 would be good for them.

I hope they get pumped in every game.:D