The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

More quality signings would at this stage probably amount to more icing on the cake. We're already looking formidable largely playing with just 10 men and still haven't fielded our strongest 11.  If we can go to the piggery early September still leading them on points and take something there the meltdown will be epic.

They're already starting to turn on Brenda who handed them two consecutive trebles due to one league loss to Hearts. That's going to be magnified 10 fold if they go out in Greece then were to lose to us. They have become too used to being stronger than we were while taking being dominant for granted.

As far as i'm concerned we have been the most impressive team in the league albeit after only two games. Two games we dominated while a man down while the yahoos needed a penalty to get a 3-1 win over newly promoted Livingston.

The same Livingston who were beaten to the Championship title by St Mirren with a 12 point margin and the same St Mirren we overpowered with 10 men.  Next week will be a telling game. Away to Killie who gave us issues last time out but I expect a win if we can keep 11 men on the pitch.

I suppose I should also throw in a mention for Hearts. Impressive 4-1 away win at Accies last week then beat the yahoos. I hope they overtake hubz this season though they might not be the same force without Lafferty who looks ever more likely to be coming our way. 

I expect us to get a centre half and a striker in regardless, if we get to the group stages I'm sure Gerrard said there would be another two or three on top of that.

They have been to concerned about what is going on with us to be concerned about themselves, now a bad result and the world is against them again, it would be great if they had a disaster of a run and were eliminated from the champs league, that loss of that extra income would be catastrophic for them, and if we go on to beat them in September it would be full on meltdown, we can but dream.

Yeah I agree Bill, League is top priority, EL would be a nice bonus.

See Hearts are now wanting £750k for Lafferty by the looks of it. I would end the negotiations there to be honest, i'm not sure that amount represents good value if you can sign him for nothing at the end of the season.

EL group stages will be a positive, in terms of finances and attracting players.  It may also prove problematic because matches after big EL games could be more difficult (squad rotation etc) and then there are injuries.

Unfortunately we need the Europa league money to get quality signings , I think everyone has been impressed with whats been achieved on the budget we have had so far , net spending without Waghorns alleged sell on clause , is circa £3.7 million , thats impressive in anyones book .

Will be interesting though to see the difference in the wage bill for players .

22 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

Yeah I agree Bill, League is top priority, EL would be a nice bonus.

See Hearts are now wanting £750k for Lafferty by the looks of it. I would end the negotiations there to be honest, i'm not sure that amount represents good value if you can sign him for nothing at the end of the season.

Hearts probably don't need to sell and try to test the waters. Could well be that they annoy Lafferty by it, even though he will be professional enough to do his job.

26 minutes ago, rbr said:

Unfortunately we need the Europa league money to get quality signings , I think everyone has been impressed with whats been achieved on the budget we have had so far , net spending without Waghorns alleged sell on clause , is circa £3.7 million , thats impressive in anyones book .

Will be interesting though to see the difference in the wage bill for players .

That's clearly the case and the risk-reward trade off only demonstrates why it almost always takes more than one season to transform a club.

Quite incredible if it's true they've turned down Wallace plus cash. I think even a straight swap is pretty generous. Having said that, they've just brought in a young LB all the way from Australia who has made a good start so you can see why they might not be keen on bringing in Wallace with his wage in a position they have covered.

I like Lafferty but if he comes in then why did we sign Sadiq? Did Roma really expect him to be 3rd choice and not making the bench? 

If Gerrard has identified Lafferty as necessary for a league challenge then he should get this signing over the line. If he has better options then we shouldn't be talking to Hearts. An additional £250k to bring on board the right man shouldn't be stopping the deal.