The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

5 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Happy also to let John go, although under £1M for an international fullback is again dreadful business.

I think you need to think about it in terms of the alternative. Paying his wages when he has no chance of playing and adding to his reputation made no sense. It certainly seems a bargain but for whatever reason, professional scouts didn’t agree with your valuation because there was no competition for his signature despite the fact it was no secret he was going cheaply. Add to all that that another 800k can go towards an addition to the squad who will feature and I think the right decision was made. 

Meanwhile, Solanke got a Liverpool squad number and the Liverpool Echo says up to 6 players may leave Anfield before the end of the months, on loan or permanently. That would be  Marko Grujic, Lazar Markovic, Sheyi Ojo, Divock Origi, Pedro Chirivella and Simon Mignolet. 

Of those, Markovic (with a year remaining on his contract) is an attacker similar to Kent, but has been on loan all over the place.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-could-still-go-15009737

9 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Meanwhile, Solanke got a Liverpool squad number and the Liverpool Echo says up to 6 players may leave Anfield before the end of the months, on loan or permanently. That would be  Marko Grujic, Lazar Markovic, Sheyi Ojo, Divock Origi, Pedro Chirivella and Simon Mignolet. 

Of those, Markovic (with a year remaining on his contract) is an attacker similar to Kent, but has been on loan all over the place.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-could-still-go-15009737

I'd take all of those; except Mignolet and Chrivella -- simply because I've not heard/seen the latter.

We need options up front and on the wings.