The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

• Frankie changed the title to Transfer window latest (Windass & John sold with Alnwick leaving also)
3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

To be fair, even I was struggling to see where Windass would fit in with our 4-3-3; he's not a RW and he's not a striker.

Hopefully we make good use of the money -- I still think in the English Market £2/3 Million is on the low side for our joint-top scorer last season. 

I agree with you on that Rousseau, but to be honest I don't know what he IS.  He's fast and can hit a good shot, but he just doesn't have the rounded attributes to take a slot in our team.  I look at our squad now and can't see how he can even be a sub for us.  Who would he have replaced on our subs bench?

Either way, he's gone now and I'll be thankful for any Rangers player for their contribution.  I just won't be sad to see him leave.  The way I'm looking at this is that we sold him for the same price we bought Barisic.  In other words, we've swapped an enigma for a quality player so I'm delighted.  I think we still need a striker and a centre back.  If we do that business, this will be a perfect (if that's possible) transfer window.

• Frankie changed the title to Transfer window latest (Windass & John sold)
14 hours ago, Rousseau said:

To be fair, even I was struggling to see where Windass would fit in with our 4-3-3; he's not a RW and he's not a striker. 

Hopefully we make good use of the money -- I still think in the English Market £2/3 Million is on the low side for our joint-top scorer last season

He's said that he was promised the number 9 position at Wigan. I actually think he'll flourish in that position playing for a counter attacking team and his value will rise substantially. However I think it's still the right decison take the money and see what we can do with it because he isn't going to play in that position for us and he doesn't want to be a backup to Morelos. Hopefully we'll get a windfall from sell on at a later date and for now we can use the money combined with John's money to sign another quality player fitting Gerrard's profile.

Edited by DMAA