The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

2 minutes ago, Darthter said:

John is/was a 1st team regular, with several years left on his contract.  He's 23 & a Wales international....£800k is embarrassing!!!!

Was

His value or International caps wouldn't have increased by sitting in the Ibrox stand.

Better to take the money now and free up a wage.

14 minutes ago, buster. said:

Was

His value or International caps wouldn't have increased by sitting in the Ibrox stand.

Better to take the money now and free up a wage.

He has been injured recently, hence Flanagan(a RB) starting.  He is still worth considerably more than £800k.

John wanted back to Wales for personal reasons ... apparently.

I would assume that we'll have a sell-on clause included and should some EPL club throw silly money after him once he rose to greater fame, we'll get our share too. I would have preferred him to stay, but what can you do.

24 minutes ago, Darthter said:

John is/was a 1st team regular, with several years left on his contract.  He's 23 & a Wales international....£800k is embarrassing!!!!

His value is determined by what others are willing to pay and his value to us. Like several others, he’s been touted around clubs all summer and this is what’s on offer. We’re not exactly beating away suitors with a shitty stick and he’s clearly surplus to requirements. 

I’m pleased we’ve got anything at all. 

To be fair, even I was struggling to see where Windass would fit in with our 4-3-3; he's not a RW and he's not a striker.

Hopefully we make good use of the money -- I still think in the English Market £2/3 Million is on the low side for our joint-top scorer last season.