The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

While I am happy for Docherty to go out on loan, I believe letting him go to the third tier is not going to achieve anything. The standard in the English Championship is poor enough, the next tier down is downright awful. A young player of ours is going to learn very little of what we require from a player at that level of football.

Wigan Linked With Windass

Wigan have emerged as contenders for Rangers attacker Josh Windass, who is also the subject of an approach from the Blues.

The Latics previously made an unsuccessful bid for Windass, 24, the son of former Hull City star Dean, in December.

Town were first reported to be ready to make a £2 million move for Windass yesterday with further reports in Scotland this morning claiming the Gers were weighing-up a Blues offer of around £1.2 million plus add-ons, with later suggestions that the clubs were moving closer to agreeing a deal.

Speaking earlier today ahead of Thursday evening’s Europa League tie against Slovenian side Maribor, manager Steven Gerrard admitted that his club might be forced to sell the likes of Windass and James Tavernier, the Ibrox club having turned down a West Brom bid for the full-back.

“But we’ll have to deal with it and face that if and when it happens. At the moment I’m looking at my phone and hoping [Rangers director of football] Mark Allen doesn’t phone.

“We just need to focus on the game and prepare the team the best we can for another difficult test.

“But I can’t sit here and say we won’t be affected in the next 24 hours. We might be. I’ve heard nothing in terms of bids, but that may change in the coming hours. If it does, we’ll have to wait and see.”

While there is certainly Blues interest in Windass it remains to be seen whether they would look to progress matters unless another attacking player - presumably long-time Bolton Wanderers target Joe Garner - were to move on with rapidly diminishing funds still required for another central defender.

Elsewhere, Bristol City left-back Joe Bryan’s move to Aston Villa looks to have been hijacked by Fulham, meaning the Midlanders will be looking for another left-sided full-back on deadline day.

Town’s Jonas Knudsen had been linked with Villa, while Middlesbrough - who were also chasing Bryan - and Stoke are also believed to be interested.

Earlier this afternoon, the Blues were linked with a loan move for Rangers left-back Declan John along with Swansea, presumably a potential replacement for the Danish international should he move on.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/34176

Hey, who would have thought it:

Gerrard wants Solanke
Rangers boss Steven Gerrard is set to raid his former club as he looks to take Liverpool forward Dominic Solanke on loan.
The 20-year-old struggled for game time under Jurgen Klopp last season due to the form of Roberto Firmino and Mohamed Salah.
But Liverpool legend Gerrard is confident he can convince the forward to make the switch to Ibrox this summer.
Solanke, who scored his first Reds goal vs Brighton in May, is unlikely to leave Anfield on a permanent deal but may agree to a loan

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-deadline-day-live-13042657

BTW ... what a mess the English window timeing is. Just imagine someone throws in a valuation-meeting offer for Windass and Taverniern and both have to sign by 5 pm ... with us playing but 3 hours later.