The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

25 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

Uilleam I don't think Desmond can do that now because of FFP, I don't think he can just open up the cheque book, I might be mistaken but I'm sure everything needs to be accounted for, not sure if they will be able to make a work around so he can do that and comply with FFP, who knows.

I do agree. The Scottish media continues to peddle the line, however,  generally when being critical of Rangers' financial position. 

It would be very interesting if there was even a scintilla of truth in the assertion, as it would amount to financial doping.

Elvir Koljić actually looks like a target man type, seems strong in the air and offers a different dimension from what we have. He could be an exciting addition.

I'm guessing with interest in these guys that we've decided to leave Lafferty until the winter or next summer on a free. If so I feel a bit sorry for him because we got his hopes up.

25 minutes ago, Bill said:

Funny how Celtic and their media pals seem to be able to talk up valuations to a much higher level

Tell me about it! Alan Brazil on Talksport was seriously suggesting Liverpool should join the race for Boyata because he "proved in the World Cup he could play at the very highest level."

Never mind the fact he only played against England's B team and two walkovers against two of the worst teams in the tournament in Tunisia and Panama. As soon as Vermaelen and Kompany recovered from injuries he was back to being 5th choice centre back and didn't feature for the rest of the tournament when Belgium were really tested (Japan, Brazil, France, England).

Absolutely incredible nonsense like that goes unchallenged.

13 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Elvir Koljić actually looks like a target man type, seems strong in the air and offers a different dimension from what we have. He could be an exciting addition.

I'm guessing with interest in these guys that we've decided to leave Lafferty until the winter or next summer on a free. If so I feel a bit sorry for him because we got his hopes up.

Yeah thought that to mate, I wouldn't imagine he would be that expensive either playing in the Bosnian league, who knows, but he does look a decent all rounder, wee hodzic reminds me a bit of a poacher, always at the back post, like Gerrard says, he is looking for different options, exciting times.

Looks like Brighton are preparing a bid for Tav

22 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I do agree. The Scottish media continues to peddle the line, however,  generally when being critical of Rangers' financial position. 

It would be very interesting if there was even a scintilla of truth in the assertion, as it would amount to financial doping.

I have no doubt that goes on in football, was Desmond not approached by the BBC recently about dealings in his bank.

I have also heard they are playing a high risk strategy, qualification for the champs league means they can go and buy a player or two, but if they don't qualify then there is no money or little money available, I'm just enjoying the start to this season, Gerrard coming in, all the new players plus the performances, we really seem to be on the way up.

58 minutes ago, Bill said:

If we're calling for a sell-on clause in any sale of Josh Windass, does that mean we accept he has more ability than we've been able to exploit and that Ipswich might make him a more valuable player when we can't?

Are you looking for somebody to blame and moan at? Even if there is more in Josh Windass he is his own boss in the world and should be setting his own standards as high as possible. Rangers have given him a fantastic stage and amount of games to shine. He really has set his own standard and future. If he was as good as Josh thinks Real Madrid would be knocking on the door. He is better than many fans give him credit for though but he will have that at every club he goes to. He is just that kind of player. He can give joy and frustrate at the same time. 

26 minutes ago, pete said:

Are you looking for somebody to blame and moan at? Even if there is more in Josh Windass he is his own boss in the world and should be setting his own standards as high as possible. Rangers have given him a fantastic stage and amount of games to shine. He really has set his own standard and future. If he was as good as Josh thinks Real Madrid would be knocking on the door. He is better than many fans give him credit for though but he will have that at every club he goes to. He is just that kind of player. He can give joy and frustrate at the same time. 

Blame? No, just frustrated at the momentum these things seem to gather, usually quite irrational and well in excess of any criticism that's actually merited. Windass is no world beater but he definitely has talent. What I'd like to see is whether SG can better exploit that talent and have it benefit Rangers rather than his next club. 

Completely unsubstantiated: Tavenier to Brighton & Hove Albion for a sum not unadjacent to £7M.

(Who's driving?)

And from the syphillis destroyed brain of some eamonn or other: Liverpool is paying the salaries, etc. of SG and his coaching and ancillary staff, 

under some kind of "loan agreement. 

And, no, I did not make that up. 

Edited by Uilleam