The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm wondering that myself, Bill.  

Point being that either you have cash in the bank (we don't) or you go out and get the funds through debt or investment (shares). Since we haven't yet had a share issue, we must be using debt to finance current expenditure, albeit that much of the cash liability won't materialise for some time. We could of course be acquiring private debt (rather than bank debt) against future share issues.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

I'm not suggesting anyone is acting irrationally ... simply asking a relevant question without any pre-conceived ideas myself.

I don't have any ideas either i'm simply judging this board as Rangers men who would do nothing that could be detrimental to the future of the club. There are no doubt many background activities we know nothing about including mention today of a 'mysterious benefactor'

But putting all that aside it looks to me like they're going all out in an attempt to make the Europa group stages which on it's own could very well pay for this cash splash. And ahead of that i'm now beginning to think we really could give the yahoos a run for their money to take the CL spot next season and that would more than pay for this cash splash.

As already mentioned the board wont be banking on that and would do nothing to put the club in jeopardy but this is turning into a formidable outfit that all things being equal can be expected to blow most SPL opposition out of the water.

The 'second best team in Scotland' just discovered that even against just 10 men but were still miffed to be disrespected apparently which I find absurd. I don't give the proverbial flying what they have done last season or the season before that etc. That's history what matters is now.

I don't see them showing us any respect for a world record title haul so why would I respect them for past records.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't have any ideas either i'm simply judging this board as Rangers men who would do nothing that could be detrimental to the future of the club. There are no doubt many background activities we know nothing about including mention today of a 'mysterious benefactor'

But putting all that aside it looks to me like they're going all out in an attempt to make the Europa group stages which on it's own could very well pay for this cash splash. And ahead of that i'm now beginning to think we really could give the yahoos a run for their money to take the CL spot next season and that would more than pay for this cash splash.

As already mentioned the board wont be banking on that and would do nothing to put the club in jeopardy but this is turning into a formidable outfit that all things being equal can be expected to blow most SPL opposition out of the water.

The 'second best team in Scotland' just discovered that even against just 10 men but were still miffed to be disrespected apparently which I find absurd. I don't give the proverbial flying what they have done last season or the season before that etc. That's history what matters is now.

I don't see them showing us any respect for a world record title haul so why would I respect them for past records.

All very interesting but I was airing thoughts on how the club is financing it's operations, not casting aspersions on those running the club. 

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

I take the gossip about a mysterious benefactor with an extremely large dose of salt.

Me too. However, the club must have some kind of financial prospectus and I love to be able to understand it.

Just now, Bill said:

All very interesting but I was airing thoughts on how the club is financing it's operations, not casting aspersions on those running the club. 

I know, I didn't think for a moment that you were and I too simply went off with some thoughts of my own on how this squad is developing and what the immediate future may hold. Exciting times that will be giving the haters headaches trying to form new conspiracy theories while predicting the next admin that will never come.

I can see the sheep drifting towards that type of mentality. Despite stealing a point in the dying minutes Sunday was indisputably still a humiliation for them especially so after they thought they were a formidable outfit due to their exploits against Burnley. They were never in it against our 10 men.

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

Point being that either you have cash in the bank (we don't) or you go out and get the funds through debt or investment (shares). Since we haven't yet had a share issue, we must be using debt to finance current expenditure, albeit that much of the cash liability won't materialise for some time. We could of course be acquiring private debt (rather than bank debt) against future share issues.

I suspect that King and T3B are funding privately which will convert to equity upon share issue.

That said, there is a rumor floating around that we have a sizable war chest from a “mysterious benefactor”.... something which the Tims are already questioning as money laundering....

13 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I take the gossip about a mysterious benefactor with an extremely large dose of salt.

Agreed, but the rumour did come from someone within the game, who has connections.