The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

31 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Decent stats.  If we get him, I'll be pretty chuffed at our transfer window.  

Still think we're lacking creativity though...

There is a gif of him on Twitter scoring an absolute worldy overhead kick.  Doesn’t prove anything but what a finish it was.

On paper he sounds fine, 23 year old Bosnian with 5 caps from Croatia’s top team.

But 6 goals in 24 in a poor league playing for the champions isn’t the pedigree we’re looking for surely. 

Meanwhile, we are also being linked with Bosnian striker Elvir Koljic ... snatched from FF

https://bih.ba/257542-panathinaikos-i-glasgow-rangers-zele-elvira-koljica

Another article also from FF from which there is this attempted translation:

Elvir Koljić, a great striker for Krupe, is on Scotland's Glasgow goal. It is a story that has visited football Bosnia and Herzegovina, the region, but also a large part of Europe yesterday.
From the Scottish team to Krupe on Vrbas, the last offer came from the bench, led by the legendary eighth Liverpool - Steven Gerrard.
Formerly famous footballer and nowadays manager of Europe's hottest club, Glasgow Rangers, has expressed the wish to see the Premier League golfer, who debuted for the BiH national team in matches against the United States and Mexico.
"The figure the club is looking for is a business secret. Not only Glasgow showed interest in Koljić. There are still a lot of clubs that have submitted a bid and I just booked hotels by Banja Luka to get everyone to come on Saturday. There is also the possibility that Steven Gerrard will come and negotiate on his transfer to Glasgow, "he told Radio Sarajevo Mihajlo Bučinski, a great footballer who had a great time in the chair of the sports director of Krupe.
It is known earlier that Koljić, besides the Rangers, is also following Panathanaikos, the Red Star from France, Vassland Beveren from Belgium ... Buckski reveals that Glasgow's offer is not the best.
"Glasgow has offered, but she is not the best. For us at this point it is important that Koljić played well. That's in good shape. He is currently the best player of the Premier League. Managers and sports directors from four countries come on Saturday to play against Mladost. We are ready for the negotiations, "Buckski said, adding: "In our club are provided conditions for working abroad, but are not receiving the same. The crown is for the young player the best club to sell and when it is overcome, Premier League needs to go abroad. I believe that in this situation is now Elvir Koljić and I hope that Saturday will be a step closer to the transition. whether it will be a bid to Gerrard or someone else for him is less important, how important it is to be satisfied with the financial conditions, "Buckski added to Radio Sarajevo

Won't be that expansive:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/elvir-koljic/profil/spieler/296695

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Formerly famous footballer and nowadays manager of Europe's hottest club, Glasgow Rangers

We're Europe's hottest club?  

I await more made up negative stories by the Scottish Mhedia pack.  Sandcastles kicked, innocent Croations attacked, bottles flung into empty roads...whatever next!?

One translation I saw said he was going to a "celebrity club" and through the poor translation it looks like the celebrity part refers to Gerrard. But if it comes to pass and he can maintain his stats another excellent young signing.

I can't remember us ever having such a young team.

We're not exactly spending big money and nor are we paying above value but over the piece we're still spending a considerable sum for a club that's making an operating loss and has been supported only by director loans. While merchandising can be expected to grow and season ticket sales are spectacular, the question nevertheless arises ... in the absence of significant new debt or investment, how are we managing to balance the books?

1 minute ago, Bill said:

in the absence of significant new debt or investment, how are we managing to balance the books?

Leave that to the yahoos etc to froth over. I'm confident the board aren't acting irrationally.

Just now, JFK-1 said:

Leave that to the yahoos etc to froth over. I'm confident the board aren't acting irrationally.

I'm not suggesting anyone is acting irrationally ... simply asking a relevant question without any pre-conceived ideas myself.