The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

As far as i'm aware the pursuit of another striker has always been about having good quality cover if Morelos is injured or banned. And obviously Lafferty must know that so the fact he still so obviously wants to come to us is an indication to me of the drawing power of Rangers rather than any lack of ambition. He could walk into most SPL teams as a first pick but is still willing to come to Rangers as back up.

In addition Stevie seems like he may an unpredictable type who could throw in a a different formation from game to game. Who knows, we may see Lafferty and Morelos rampaging up front together in some games. Imagine the handful that could be for an average SPL defence.

Laffery may also be used as an impact player off the bench if we're in search of a goal  at the piggery or some other venue to get us a full 3 points. But his main role and purpose for being pursued is back up in case something happens to Morelos. Plus it always helps to have him around keeping Morelos on his toes. 

5 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Lafferty’s overall goal record across his career is horrendous.

A couple of goals against Celtc, for Hearts, seems to have resulted in collective amnesia.

2 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Lafferty’s overall goal record across his career is horrendous.

Since he left Rangers he's scored goals goals in Switzerland, England, Italy, Turkey and Scotland as well as finishing top scorer for his country during their qualification for Euro 2016.

To me that shows a level of versatility and that he is adaptable and surely that is what Rangers should be looking for?

Will he be top scorer? No. Will he contribute? Yes.

Lafferty is one of only 3 players to have twice started a domestic match in a winning side against Celtic in the last two and a bit seasons.

Not to mention that he scored in both games.

The others were Berra and Michael Smith.

42 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

As far as i'm aware the pursuit of another striker has always been about having good quality cover if Morelos is injured or banned. And obviously Lafferty must know that so the fact he still so obviously wants to come to us is an indication to me of the drawing power of Rangers rather than any lack of ambition. He could walk into most SPL teams as a first pick but is still willing to come to Rangers as back up.

In addition Stevie seems like he may an unpredictable type who could throw in a a different formation from game to game. Who knows, we may see Lafferty and Morelos rampaging up front together in some games. Imagine the handful that could be for an average SPL defence.

Laffery may also be used as an impact player off the bench if we're in search of a goal  at the piggery or some other venue to get us a full 3 points. But his main role and purpose for being pursued is back up in case something happens to Morelos. Plus it always helps to have him around keeping Morelos on his toes. 

If we go through in the EL, we'll have an away European tie 3 days prior to the Celtic game.

Potential EL tie: Morelos

Celtic match: Lafferty

My memory of K-Laff is one of an horrendously inconsistent and disappointing player. Therefore I have significant reservations about signing him.

However, I am inclined to trust Steven Ge55ard and the rest of the coaching/ scouting team, and if K-Laff is a (the) guy they want, and for whom they see a role, I'll go with that.  

2 hours ago, Uilleam said:

My memory of K-Laff is one of an horrendously inconsistent and disappointing player. Therefore I have significant reservations about signing him.

However, I am inclined to trust Steven Ge55ard and the rest of the coaching/ scouting team, and if K-Laff is a (the) guy they want, and for whom they see a role, I'll go with that.  

Lafferty's goal record with us in 4 years: 38 in 138.

His league returns with us: 6, 7, 11, 6. 

The overall goal record: 98 in 407

The amount of times he's fit double figures in his entire career: 3 times

Lafferty was an extremely poor signing at almost £4 million and it's madness we're looking to splurge even more on him. We're obviously really struggling to find good striking options. 

13 hours ago, Crimson Dynamo said:

Since he left Rangers he's scored goals goals in Switzerland, England, Italy, Turkey and Scotland as well as finishing top scorer for his country during their qualification for Euro 2016.

To me that shows a level of versatility and that he is adaptable and surely that is what Rangers should be looking for?

Will he be top scorer? No. Will he contribute? Yes.

Scoring in different leagues is completely irrelevant when you're consistently getting extremely poor goal returns. Am I meant to be impressed that Lafferty went to Switzerland and scored 5 league goals in 25 games? If he achieved any goalscoring consistency he wouldn't have to keep finding new clubs. 

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy