[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Kilmarnock (Bates)

Killie won't try to run us over, they will sit back and try to hit us on the counter. Hence ...

Alnwick

Cardoso/Martin - McCrorie - Alves

Candeias - Holt - Goss - Murphy - John

Morelos - Cummings

Hopefully the players will realise that they are literally playing for their Rangers futures & put in a performance that we know they are capable of.  Our players have the talent/skill to demolish Killie.....if they show a bit of pride & passion, that's what will happen.

I can't see SG tolerating mediocrity.

“......A manager or coach can say different things in the dressing room pre-match to try and motivate and organise their group but when the players get out in front of the fans they have to take personal pride in their performance......"

Jimmy Nicholl today

(Link in Ians post above)

Sounds like a familiar disclaimer of sorts :facepalm: 

Difficult to know what to expect, several ways you could look at it. Guess we'll know soon enough.

The probable absence of Windass (picked up knock??) will enforce a fresh look about our attack.

Nicholl has confirmed that David Bates has trained with the squad this week having recovered from an ankle injury but Josh Windass and Lee Hodson have picked up knocks. Wes Foderingham (shoulder) and Declan John (hand) remain out.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/players-must-show-personal-pride/

Well, if I go with my 3-5-2 line-up above, I'd exchange John for Docherty or even Dodoo, with Murphy either moving to the flank or stays were he is as inside left.

Might be a bluff or mean nothing but in the behind the scenes/SG video from yesterday, you see Jimmy Bell in the dressing room,  hanging the tops for tomorrow and Windass went up. He might provisionly be in the 18 man match-day squad.

Murty! not Mutry!:).

Maybe the timing of unveiling SG will turn out to be perfect? maybe a kick up the arse the players need? they all need to show the watching manager that they deserve to be involved in the thoughts of SG? let's hope so!.