[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Kilmarnock (Bates)

31 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Maybe the timing of unveiling SG will turn out to be perfect? maybe a kick up the arse the players need? they all need to show the watching manager that they deserve to be involved in the thoughts of SG? let's hope so!. 

This lot have metaphorically died as a team and it'll depend on how many of the individuals come to the party.

I think quite a few of them will feel very divorced from yesterdays proceedings but might get a 'push' if the atmosphere is good and we start well.

I can't see Jimmy Nicholl being able to suddenly galvanise things but you could also say that Kilmarnock have lost their last two games and haven't anything tangible to play for (win bonus apart).

In short, I haven't a clue what'll happen today.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

This lot have metaphorically died as a team and it'll depend on how many of the individuals come to the party.

I think quite a few of them will feel very divorced from yesterdays proceedings but might get a 'push' if the atmosphere is good and we start well.

I can't see Jimmy Nicholl being able to suddenly galvanise things but you could also say that Kilmarnock have lost their last two games and haven't anything tangible to play for (win bonus apart).

In short, I haven't a clue what'll happen today.

The fans will be in a good mood!

• Rousseau changed the title to Match Preview: Rangers v Kilmarnock - See Saw Marjory Daw

Looks like a 4-4-2 today ...

Alnwick

Tavernier - Bates - Martin - Halliday

Candeias - Holt - Dorrans - Murphy

Cummings - Morelos

Subs : Kelly, Alves, Hodson, Goss, Docherty, Rossiter, McCrorie.

Last week there was no substitute centre-half on the bench, this week there is no substitute attacker, be that Dodoo, Herrera or O'Halloran.

Edited by der Berliner

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Alnwick

Cummings - Morelos

Last week there was no substitute centre-half on the bench, this week there is no substitute attacker, be that Dodoo, Herrera or O'Halloran.

Perhaps there is s a lack of interest amongst the three you mention, certainly no match sharpness.

Substitute would be a change of system.

People may disagree, but I still regard both Bates and Martin as our weakest centre-halfs, solid, but not the best we have. Likewise, and knowing that we have a lot to play for, both will be off in the summer.

We've got Cardoso, Alves, Dodoo, Herrera, and O'Halloran for longer stays, and only Alves, just back from injury, mind you, on the bench.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

Perhaps there is s a lack of interest amongst the three you mention, certainly no match sharpness.

Substitute would be a change of system.

Dodoo and O'Halloran can play across the front line, Herrera would be a straight swap for either Cummings or Morelos. We hardly used him (or Cummings) in the two striker role.

BTW, I simply assume that we don't play 6 defensive chaps today, so no 4-2-3-1 but a 4-4-2.

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

People may disagree, but I still regard both Bates and Martin as our weakest centre-halfs, solid, but not the best we have. Likewise, and knowing that we have a lot to play for, both will be off in the summer.

We've got Cardoso, Alves, Dodoo, Herrera, and O'Halloran for longer stays, and only Alves, just back from injury, mind you, on the bench.

Kilmarnock seem to have their main players back and if they are up for it will probably give our defence, with Halliday on the left, something to think about.

We need to do likewise to theirs.

25 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Alnwick

Cummings - Morelos

4-4-2 :celebrate2: