Lee Wallace and Kenny Miller both fined for bust up with Murty

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

On one hand we want the team full of strong characters and on the other we want them to sit meekly and not react to an incompetent manager.

There's a respectful way to challenge your manager.  All of the best teams create an environment to challenge decisions, but when the manager then decides, you get behind it no matter what.  I'm sure we all know by now that what happened was way beyond what is acceptable, and I would be surprised if anyone (including those players) condoned their behaviour.  Gerrard has enough to deal with without having to manage this when he arrives.  I'm hoping the decision is taken before he arrives (and fully expect it) so he hits the ground running with the players that will still be here next season.  Neither of these players will be!

3 hours ago, Darthter said:

While the likes of Windass' work rate is notably lower than Millers, I would say that his overall contribution is better.  Miller does a lot of running, with very little to show for it.

Internal investigations CAN take a while - it all depends on the number of interviews needing conducted and the various bits of evidence (for & against) that has to be collated.  Remember that there are set procedures that MUST be followed with regard to employment law.  The investigation must be thorough & fair.

I cringe every time I see that number 11 on Windass' back. That shirt has seen Cooper and Laudrup in my time and needs to be filled by equal class to both, not the chancer son of an ex sheep hero!!! Best if both Windass and Miller are out the door this summer replaced by better players. 

1 minute ago, Barebear said:

I cringe every time I see that number 11 on Windass' back. That shirt has seen Cooper and Laudrup in my time and needs to be filled by equal class to both, not the chancer son of an ex sheep hero!!! Best if both Windass and Miller are out the door this summer replaced by better players. 

I certainly don't disagree that there are better players out there than Windass.....but right now, he's here & doing an (overall) alright job.

• 3 weeks later...