O'Halloran pictured amongst Celtic fans at Hampden

5 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Scott Allan is garbage who proved he couldnt cut it at a big club when failing spectacularly to make an impact at the bheasts. Why would anyone want such a reject at our club. Surely this has been our problem the last few years?

We most certainly do need a good number 10, but it sure as hell aint him. We already have better than him at that position at the club before we look at who we may bring in. 

In saying all that, the story about him and Cummings going on holiday together is utter tosh. What they do on their own time, who they have been pals with for years is irrelevant (obvious exceptions like peodos, ira guys etc). To try to connect this to the MOH story is wildly sensationalistic claptrap by that gutter media outlet.

I'm weak! :D 

That's your opinion; not undeniable fact, as you like to suggest. 

They didn't need or want him, only really wanting to take him away from us. He only played 13 games for them, but hit 4 assists. It's hardly a success, but it's not enough for me to say he's failed. He consistently tops the creativity stats at every club -- yes, I know that's meaningless to you, but that's what I judge players on, along with what I see. He got 3 goals, 5 assists in 12 games for Hibs. He consistently topped Dundee's creativity charts too, but they couldn't take their chances and he was made scapegoat. 

It's just my opinion, but I think he's a really good #10, who'd slot in very nicely. I'd argue we don't have a #10 so I don't see how we can have better already? 

It'll not happen, though.   

I’ve not said anything was factual - it’s all just my opinion based not on stats but what I see live in front of me.

For all the things you say he is he couldn’t get a run of games in a Celtic team not exactly overflowing with quality in his position.

I think (note -opinion, not fact!) he is way below the standard we need. I’m glad we missed out first time round and he has gone backwards since.

Not all players that look good at a wee diddy club like Hibs can make the step up to the pressure of playing for us or the bheasts.

I’m sure our DOF and new manager can find better without having to look too hard.

12 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I’ve not said anything was factual - it’s all just my opinion based not on stats but what I see live in front of me.

For all the things you say he is he couldn’t get a run of games in a Celtic team not exactly overflowing with quality in his position.

I think (note -opinion, not fact!) he is way below the standard we need. I’m glad we missed out first time round and he has gone backwards since.

Not all players that look good at a wee diddy club like Hibs can make the step up to the pressure of playing for us or the bheasts.

I’m sure our DOF and new manager can find better without having to look too hard.

Like I said, they neither wanted nor needed him. He was very unlikely to get any run of games. I couldn't actually tell you who they had in that position. All I know is in the 13 games he played he assisted 4 times. That's not a bad return.

He's not gone backwards. If you look at where he settled down, he went from a regular for Hibs in the Championship, to being a regular in the Premiership for Hibs (who gave us a go for 2nd/3rd). His data was good at Dundee, but that team didn't use him and didn't take advantage of his creativity. From what I see in front of me, his creativity is up their with the best in the league. 

I agree the step up is the issue. However, some players fit sides better, and I am convinced he'd slot into our side nicely. I think he'd do better for us than he would with them. 

This is hypothetical; he's not going to be a target anyway. I, too, am hopeful we can find better. I just thought he was an easy piece of the puzzle. 

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Like I said, they neither wanted nor needed him. He was very unlikely to get any run of games. I couldn't actually tell you who they had in that position. All I know is in the 13 games he played he assisted 4 times. That's not a bad return.

He's not gone backwards. If you look at where he settled down, he went from a regular for Hibs in the Championship, to being a regular in the Premiership for Hibs (who gave us a go for 2nd/3rd). His data was good at Dundee, but that team didn't use him and didn't take advantage of his creativity. From what I see in front of me, his creativity is up their with the best in the league. 

I agree the step up is the issue. However, some players fit sides better, and I am convinced he'd slot into our side nicely. I think he'd do better for us than he would with them. 

This is hypothetical; he's not going to be a target anyway. I, too, am hopeful we can find better. I just thought he was an easy piece of the puzzle. 

IMO the time to have got Allan was the second season we were in the Championship but instead Hibs bought him and thus he entered into a dynamic where if he did well, he wasn't going to be allowed to go to Ibrox aslong as he had a contract with Hibs.

He's now tied into a contract that means the one place you can be assured he won't be coming is Ibrox.