O'Halloran pictured amongst Celtic fans at Hampden

54 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

MOH has put forward a few mitigating circumstances, he thought his ticket was in a neutral area, no offence intended, his mindset is one of frustration because of a lack of opportunity to prove his worth, .............. etc. At the top of the thread, I stated his action was simply unprofessional. Unfortunately for MOH, this is his second unprofessional act at Rangers. He was told to trap for a youth game and failed to show. A poor example for youth players, something his Youth Coach father would be most aware and find empathy.

MOH should be put on the transfer list immediately. 

Apparently there were scouts from other clubs there to watch him in the game you mention that he didn't turn up for.

Another issue was his sending off against Motherwell in January 2017.

His lunge at McHugh after only 5 minutes seemed to be asking the referee to send him off.

It was the last time he started a game for Rangers.

I'm not sure where to begin with this. I mean it's a very bad idea for any Rangers player to sit among Celtic fans at any match, they are putting themselves in a position of danger if nothing else. Whilst he's not the most high profile player he was clearly still recognised and, had the match gone differently, some of their support might not have been in a friendly mood. 

Secondly he can't be that naive. He's from here, he 'gets it', he was brought up with it. You could maybe excuse a foreign player or maybe an English one, where this type of thing might happen without comment. But this is Glasgow, and rightly or wrongly you don't do that here. A Rangers player, any Rangers player, watching a cup final Rangers aren't in, from the Celtic end, must rank as a stupid thing to do. If he was an ex-Motherwell player and in the Motherwell end then okay, that could be explained. Not the Celtic end though, that's unforgivable in my book.  

Lastly with MO'H and his background he should be particularly sensitive to this type of thing. We pay his wages, and whatever frustrations he might have with the club there's a new manager coming in and everyone get's a fresh start. Why blow it before Gerrard even sees you train? 

I think the best I can come up with is to agree with Frankie, MO'H is clearly not very bright.  

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

I'm not sure where to begin with this. I mean it's a very bad idea for any Rangers player to sit among Celtic fans at any match, they are putting themselves in a position of danger if nothing else. Whilst he's not the most high profile player he was clearly still recognised and, had the match gone differently, some of their support might not have been in a friendly mood. 

Secondly he can't be that naive. He's from here, he 'gets it', he was brought up with it. You could maybe excuse a foreign player or maybe an English one, where this type of thing might happen without comment. But this is Glasgow, and rightly or wrongly you don't do that here. A Rangers player, any Rangers player, watching a cup final Rangers aren't in, from the Celtic end, must rank as a stupid thing to do. If he was an ex-Motherwell player and in the Motherwell end then okay, that could be explained. Not the Celtic end though, that's unforgivable in my book.  

Lastly with MO'H and his background he should be particularly sensitive to this type of thing. We pay his wages, and whatever frustrations he might have with the club there's a new manager coming in and everyone get's a fresh start. Why blow it before Gerrard even sees you train? 

I think the best I can come up with is to agree with Frankie, MO'H is clearly not very bright.  

Spot on there! Very very stupid for someone that should know better. He has chucked an amazing chance to be given a fresh start under an amazing legend. 

Various actions over a period of time (and any input from his agent) would suggest it's very little to do with stupidity and much more to do with an ongoing and now longterm lack of interest in contributing something to the club in return for his wage.

the only thing I've got against O'Halleron is he hasn't played well for us.

On the other issue.....I swear I remember a time when the tims were playing a European game and our players went along to watch them. I've looked for it but I can't find it

On another occasion  we played them at Parkhead after they had a good win in Europe on the Wednesday before. Our team came out onto the pitch and formed a guard of honour to applaud them on to the field....I was there and saw that happening

so the vilification of O'Halleron is, in my view, over the top 

In case you haven't noticed, cs, things have changed a bit in the past few years.  The clubs used to have a bit of mutual respect and that included the players.  I doubt many had an issue with that.

We are where we are and O'Halloran was there with his smelly, fat uncle, not his fellow Rangers players.  

On the other issue.....I swear I remember a time when the tims were playing a European game and our players went along to watch them. I've looked for it but I can't find it
On another occasion  we played them at Parkhead after they had a good win in Europe on the Wednesday before. Our team came out onto the pitch and formed a guard of honour to applaud them on to the field....I was there and saw that happening

You might be right but europe is different.

1 hour ago, colinstein said:

O'Hallaron is taking the Michael and has been with a number of (in)actions over a period of time.

He no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt IMO.

1 hour ago, colinstein said:

Even if you do find it, I don't think it is comparable to a domestic final even more so for one in which we were gubbed by them in the semis