ZINEDINE ZIDANE has backed Steven Gerrard to be a success at Rangers

9 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I'd expect you to think that way.  You should be a guest on the Gersnet podcast at some stage.  I think you'd be hilarious.  It's like the reverend I.M. Jolly.

You couldn’t broadcast SBS over the airwaves. Can you imagine the distress:D

We could have tried to bring Walter back and it would have been a gamble. 
With the appointment of Stevie G. hope for a resurgent future(whether justified or not) has been infused in the minds of the fans - just in time for ST renewals and all that entails.
In the month previous to Stevie G.'s appointment none of the names being touted for the new manager were being greeted with a majority of fan endorsement. This guy is at least a winner.
Good luck Stevie G. 'Let's Go'.

4 hours ago, Gaffer said:

I'd expect you to think that way.  You should be a guest on the Gersnet podcast at some stage.  I think you'd be hilarious.  It's like the reverend I.M. Jolly.

...but not a single word of SBS's comment is untrue....it is simply the way the media are viewing it.

3 hours ago, Darthter said:

...but not a single word of SBS's comment is untrue....it is simply the way the media are viewing it.

Name any manager, experienced or not, who would not be a massive gamble or even be an outright foolish appointment at this juncture.
You can't, because the intangibles are as yet unknown. How many managers in various leagues who were experienced still blew their assignments?
If you agree with the above then SBS's statement is rendered as pure hyperbole.

7 hours ago, barca72 said:

Name any manager, experienced or not, who would not be a massive gamble or even be an outright foolish appointment at this juncture.
You can't, because the intangibles are as yet unknown. How many managers in various leagues who were experienced still blew their assignments?
If you agree with the above then SBS's statement is rendered as pure hyperbole.

All managers (& players) are a risk.....said that all along.

However, we do have a (recent) track record of poor manager appointments - with the benefit of hindsight of course.  Some were dubious candidates from the off though.  SG has zero managerial experience at a senior level, and only very limited experience at under-20 level.  When you put those 2 facts together, the appointment of SG is even more of a risk - many believe to be an "outright foolish appointment".   Therefore SBS's comments are 100% accurate, as are your comments about appointments being a gamble.  However, as has been discussed previously, SG brings with him a wealth of playing knowledge, and a massive media presence & respect across the globe.  SBS's point was that the Scottish media are seemingly not wanting to acknowledge the latter, but are focusing on the former, more negative angle.  The probably don't like folk like Zidane passing comment, coz they are high profile & offering praise & support for our new manager.

I said nothing that the entirety of Gersnet were not pretty much in complete agreement with prior to his appointment. When we were failing miserably with Murty, and after a string of appointments lacking decent experience, we were all calling for a more experienced manager - someone with a track record of success at a decent level. Of course all managers are risks, but appointing an untested rookie is obviously a much bigger one, particularly given we literally just did it and he was hopeless.

A lot of our support are absolutely incapable of any objective thought. 

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

There are those whose glass is aye half-full; there are those whose glass is aye half empty;

and then there are those whose glass is half-empty, the bar is shut, and Nicola Stugeon's Scottish Prohibition Act comes into force at midnight. 

Edited by Uilleam