Woman Beater Collymore Tweet

Collymore, Sutton ... and Mr. Jackson too mutate ever more quickly into public or media trolls. If this were the US of A, they could start a sect and would find similarly braindead adherents in no time.

9 hours ago, DevilBlue WeeThe said:

Fair enough, but each time any of us quote his pathetic anti-Rangers ramblings he is getting off on it.

I'd prefer to deny the buffoon that sick pleasure.

His tweets spread far and wide. Being on Gersnet is not what he is after, giving us a bad rep all over is what he is after and, sadly, no doubt getting - just imagine how many of them have retweeted this.

I think we should always know the lies that are being spread so that we are ready to counter them.  

Edited by SteveC

15 minutes ago, SteveC said:

I think we should always know the lies that are being spread so that we are ready to counter them.  

Where do you draw the line? Do we having every raving lunatic's tweets on here to be able to counter them? We'd be here all day.

I think Ian's point about not opening the thread is a valid one, although when I opened it I hadn't a clue what his tweet was about.

It's my personal view that we shouldn't be giving oxygen to this kind of thing, and that includes Ill Phil's ramblings. My life is that little bit better not having that poison in it.

However Ian is a great poster and his view (and yours) on this is as valid as mine.

17 hours ago, ian1964 said:

I think I, and any poster, will post whatever they want and leave it to admin to decide what should or shouldn't be posted, I also wouldn't dream of telling any poster what to post or not!

Admin aren't going to tell us what can be posted beyond what breaks the rules. I think we have to have some sort of degree of self-responsibility and stop publicising nonsense like this. He is a troll and you're giving him what he wants. 

10 hours ago, pete said:

If he is using a platform to promote anti-Rangers messages then he should be called out whether he has mental issues or not. rangers are not the cause or remedy of his mental issues.

Oh, I'm sure one of our fine mhedia representatives could find a link....;)

34 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Admin aren't going to tell us what can be posted beyond what breaks the rules. I think we have to have some sort of degree of self-responsibility and stop publicising nonsense like this. He is a troll and you're giving him what he wants. 

Again, if you don't like a thread don't open it, in the meantime I will continue to post what I think needs highlighting regardless of what you or anyone else thinks.

3 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Where do you draw the line? Do we having every raving lunatic's tweets on here to be able to counter them? We'd be here all day.

I think Ian's point about not opening the thread is a valid one, although when I opened it I hadn't a clue what his tweet was about.

It's my personal view that we shouldn't be giving oxygen to this kind of thing, and that includes Ill Phil's ramblings. My life is that little bit better not having that poison in it.

However Ian is a great poster and his view (and yours) on this is as valid as mine.

He's high profile - was a big name player and has had a meda presence. That makes him different to every raving lunatic who tweets even though he is in that category, too.

And. basically, I trust Ian - it was him I was supporting!

24 minutes ago, SteveC said:

has had a meda presence.

"Had" being the operative word. Posts and retweets are making him relevant again. It's purely an attention seeking tweet.

It's his only way of doing it and we're falling for it.  :(

39 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

"Had" being the operative word. Posts and retweets are making him relevant again. It's purely an attention seeking tweet.

Yup. Hook, line and sinker. I imagine he'll look at the response and decide to do more of it.

I'm struggling to see how the active distribution of this stuff by Rangers fans in any way benefits Rangers. I'm not advocating the suppression of news, just suggesting better judgement in these matters might be a good idea. 

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

I think you are getting the impact of Gersnet in relation to the widespread retweeting of his tweets by others, especially that mob, and all the other forums it will have appeared on seriously out of balance here.  It will have gathered huge attention regardless of what is said on here. yes, "Posts and retweets are making him relevant" but that's nothing to do with Ian posting on here, they are happening, and will continue to happen, regardless.

Edited by SteveC