Graeme Souness: 'Not impossible' for Gerrard to beat Celtic to the title

5 hours ago, SteveC said:

Only if it changes, plus they didn't win games that they probably would have if they had needed to do so - in addition to the one(s?) they lost because it hurt us.

It's impossible to judge from point tallies in non-competitive seasons.  We had a couple of years in our (latest) 9-in-a-row where our points tallies and many of our results were utterly shocking - but we didn't care because we knew we'd won it before it had even started.

Quite.  93/94 especially, I think we only won half our games.

I am no football manager but I saw no problem with the team scoring last season. Were we not first in points scored? Hopefully, Steve G. et al. focus on defense. I liked the goalie signing. Though he is a bit long in the tooth, he was player of the year at Hull. More along those lines it would appear? Yet, all of the chatter I continue to read is in regard to players like Solanke. Am I missing a step in the process? Is Gerrard a bit too offensive leaning? The signing season is still young.

11 hours ago, Malangsob said:

I am no football manager but I saw no problem with the team scoring last season. Were we not first in points scored? Hopefully, Steve G. et al. focus on defense. I liked the goalie signing. Though he is a bit long in the tooth, he was player of the year at Hull. More along those lines it would appear? Yet, all of the chatter I continue to read is in regard to players like Solanke. Am I missing a step in the process? Is Gerrard a bit too offensive leaning? The signing season is still young.

Remember we only really have one goalscorer at the club in Morelos.  Miller has left, Cummings is back to Forest (for now) and Herrera couldn't hit a "coo in the erse with a banjo".  We may not like to admit it but, despite being the league's top scorers last season, we are very light in attacking options, certainly a striker or two would be helpful.  We should be fine on the wings with Murphy, Candeais and now Arfield.

Defence is our top priority I agree, but we definitely need at least one striker if not more - if Morelos goes off the boil, as he did after the January window closed, then we will struggle, again, as we did after Morelos went off the boil, without replacements.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Remember we only really have one goalscorer at the club in Morelos.  Miller has left, Cummings is back to Forest (for now) and Herrera couldn't hit a "coo in the erse with a banjo".  We may not like to admit it but, despite being the league's top scorers last season, we are very light in attacking options, certainly a striker or two would be helpful.  We should be fine on the wings with Murphy, Candeais and now Arfield.

Defence is our top priority I agree, but we definitely need at least one striker if not more - if Morelos goes off the boil, as he did after the January window closed, then we will struggle, again, as we did after Morelos went off the boil, without replacements.

There has to be every chance Morelos will be playing elsewhere come August.

31 minutes ago, Bill said:

There has to be every chance Morelos will be playing elsewhere come August.

Indeed, making it all the more sensible to be chasing striking targets.