Gersnet World Cup Prediction League?

6 minutes ago, onevision said:

Unless the extra point or two is the difference between winning or not.

I understand that - but the idea of a joker to me is that you have to select which game/team to place it on in a situation of multiple options.  In the semi and final you have limited options.  The idea of a joker isn't one for every game - a joker is supposed to be something you have to think about carefully... In the final it is either team A or team B... whereas in the group stages you have many games and teams to choose from.

Have always loved a joker :thup:

Part of the deal regards playing a joker is to have an ample and wide ranging choice as to what games to play it.

eg. Group stages (x3 / 1 per fixture round), last 16 and quarters would be a total of six.

giphy.gif

We'll use the joker on the group stages at least. 

There are only 0, 1 and 3 points to pick up per game, so I don't see anyone pulling away.

It will be rare to see someone get the Correct Score on their Joker match. 

29 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

We'll use the joker on the group stages at least. 

There are only 0, 1 and 3 points to pick up per game, so I don't see anyone pulling away.

It will be rare to see someone get the Correct Score on their Joker match. 

200w.webp

6 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Was that during the dark ages before my presence on this site? :D 

Thanks, but I'll just tally it up myself. I've got the set-up sorted anyway from the Rangers GPL. 

Will it be a topic for each game? I don't think that will work. Probably best doing one topic for all of the group games.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

1 hour ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Will it be a topic for each game? I don't think that will work. Probably best doing one topic for all of the group games.

I'll be releasing the fixtures for each match day, where every team plays once. I think it'll take a week to get through the first set of fixtures?

I think you suggested that 2 years ago when we did the the Euro 2016 prediction league.