Report on the Rangers Academy

-Very interesting take on things with this lottery system. Is this unique in football? 

1 hour ago, pete said:

Hopefully we can keep the better players and they are not sucked away like Gilmour.

Man...what a lamentable affair that is. That kid is going to be a beast. Oh well, he will come back here >30 like Rooney did with Everton.

7 hours ago, Malangsob said:

-Very interesting take on things with this lottery system. Is this unique in football? 

Man...what a lamentable affair that is. That kid is going to be a beast. Oh well, he will come back here >30 like Rooney did with Everton.

Easy to say with hindsight, but I can't help wondering if Stevie G had been in charge when Gilmour was here - instead of Caixinha - if his presence would've been enough to persuade Billy to stay here.

43 minutes ago, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

Easy to say with hindsight, but I can't help wondering if Stevie G had been in charge when Gilmour was here - instead of Caixinha - if his presence would've been enough to persuade Billy to stay here.

Unfortunately it is too late now and possibly the only chance we will see him in a Rangers shirt is as a loan player for a year.

51 minutes ago, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

He went for the money. I doubt Steven Gerrard's presence would've made any difference. He wouldn't have been working with him for a few years anyway. 

59 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He went for the money. I doubt Steven Gerrard's presence would've made any difference. He wouldn't have been working with him for a few years anyway. 

You, in football money does the talking. We've been on both sides of that equation so few should know better than us that we can't fight money with loyalty.

4 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I highly doubt that is true.  Gilmour had already been training with the first team under Caixinha and has already been training with the Chelsea first team - why would we think that under Gerrard he wouldn't be training with the first team ?

As for him leaving for the money - that was a sizeable part of the equation, but it wasn't the only part.  Have it on good authority that he was very much struggling with his decision and that this was at a time when he already knew what was on offer at Chelsea.

26 minutes ago, craig said:

I highly doubt that is true.  Gilmour had already been training with the first team under Caixinha and has already been training with the Chelsea first team - why would we think that under Gerrard he wouldn't be training with the first team ?

As for him leaving for the money - that was a sizeable part of the equation, but it wasn't the only part.  Have it on good authority that he was very much struggling with his decision and that this was at a time when he already knew what was on offer at Chelsea.

Was he? I didn't know that. I thought he was still too young.