I noticed in the commentary tonight there was a lot less bullshit about the "best player in the world". Even the media is cottoning on the the fact that Messi isn't god after all.

13 hours ago, craig said:

Would agree with all except Brazil.  Brazil, despite the result, impressed me.  Solid defensively, despite the goal, Coutinho playing deeper looks to be working very well for them - if they can just get Neymar to be more of a team player they will be there or thereabouts IMO.

They weren't solid enough to avoid an equalising goal, nor dynamic enough to break down a defence and win a game.......and Neymar isn't a team player, period.

Today, they should have a relatively straight-forward 3 points but the Serbia game will be a better test.

11 hours ago, Sindarin said:

Modric and Rakatic have been slapping the piss out of Argentina's midfield and there is nothing they can do about it other than their usual routine of throwing the toys out the pram when they're getting spanked on national tv. 

Argentina as a team have been relatively poor for a while and last night wasn't a huge surprise.

Had a flutter on Croatia or draw  3/4 + England to chase down 310 (cricket/in-play) 8/15 which will help the weekend flow.

I watched them get spanked 6-1 by Spain in the springtime (Messi and Aguero didn't play). They were never going to be contenders this summer. Some decent Individuals but not a team.

Argentina players saying they want a new manager for the next game. It wasn't the manager who missed the sitters or Messi's penalty. Belgium's '' golden generation '' is on it's last tournament and they've done rock all either. There comes a time when the players just have to man up and take it on the chin, their squad is bursting with talent but they just don't click because nobody can move for the egos.

And with '' the best player to have ever played the game ''? in their team I'm sitting here wondering what their excuse is. 

Edited by Sindarin

38 minutes ago, Sindarin said:

Argentina players saying they want a new manager for the next game. It wasn't the manager who missed the sitters or Messi's penalty. Belgium's '' golden generation '' is on it's last tournament and they've done rock all either. There comes a time when the players just have to man up and take it on the chin, their squad is bursting with talent but they just don't click because nobody can move for the egos.

And with '' the best player to have ever played the game ''? in their team I'm sitting here wondering what their excuse is. 

If they still have a chance to qualify come the last game, I'd make the change.

It's plain that the current manager can't get them playing and the dynamic isn't functioning. A change might not give the desired result but there would be a chance of a reaction and a chance would be as good as it gets.

Edited by buster.