Belgium humped Tunisia (who England only beat with a last minute winner).  

The England v Belgium game willbe a good point of reference. 

It's all very well saying Brazil and Germany have been disappointing but once you qualify from the group, that's when it gets serious.

4 hours ago, Big Jaws said:

Depending on who wants the top spot for the group the most it'll be more or less played like a friendly.

You might find both would prefer second spot if the top spot meant Columbia in the next round and second, Japan.

16 hours ago, Big Jaws said:

Depending on who wants the top spot for the group the most it'll be more or less played like a friendly.

Or...it could go the other way. Two young squads with something to prove. I think when you get a bunch of young, testosterone filled men on a field....lots of chest thumping. Unless they are given specific instruction to 'throttle back' I think these cats are gonna get down.

That's what I wanna see anyway. Nothing like a goalie operational check game.

10 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Or...it could go the other way. Two young squads with something to prove. I think when you get a bunch of young, testosterone filled men on a field....lots of chest thumping. Unless they are given specific instruction to 'throttle back' I think these cats are gonna get down.

Squads may prove to be important in this game as the option to rotate presents itself.

18 minutes ago, buster. said:

Squads may prove to be important in this game as the option to rotate presents itself.

Yeah. That would be prudent. No sense in risking players like Kane and Lukaku when the way forward is already set. I may be wrong, am more than correct.

1 minute ago, Malangsob said:

Yeah. That would be prudent. No sense in risking players like Kane and Lukaku when the way forward is already set. I may be wrong, am more than correct.

The debate will be should you keep playing a winning team or rotate.

Kane, as captain and potential top scorer at the WC will be bending his managers ear for it to be the former.

The puzzle is that if Japan beat Poland in the earlier games, I'd imagine neither team will fancy topping the group.

What's my fellow Gersneters verdict on weemin  commentators and sumerisers,  me it's a big NO I may be old but the last thing I need is listening to some woman explaining the game to me .

7 hours ago, Malangsob said:

Its all about what game they envisage as being the easier of the two. The commentators are already talking about it in that way.